Job Title: Senior Marketing Operations Specialist - Consumer Promotions
Reports To: Account Supervisor
FLSA Status: Full Time - Salaried, Exempt
Location: New York, NY
Who is pep:
When smart business, a drive for success, and a family atmosphere combine, you get pep! At pep, we help deliver the strategy for brands worldwide- seamlessly managing all the details so that the brand can stay focused on their big picture. Through our expertise in marketing operations, we help execute our clients' marketing campaigns more effectively than anyone else in the world. We know that sourcing is essential to brand success as well, so we've become experts in leveraging scale and spend to save our clients' time and money. We're not all talk- our results back us up too! To date, we've managed campaigns for over 750 brands, delivering an average of 21% savings on over $5 billion in marketing spend. Our success also pays it forward to our employees by allowing us to offer paid parental leave, work-life flexibility and remote working opportunities to name a few. Want to be a part of something original? Check out our growing team and join us!
Summary of Position:
The Senior Marketing Operations Specialist - Consumer Promotions position is responsible for managing marketing campaigns and keeping the project work on time and on budget. The essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
Key Responsibilities and Attributes:
(This list of essential job functions does not cover every responsibility and may be expanded as needed)
Management for Consumer Promotions Campaigns of Assigned Accounts Include:
- Planning and execution of coupon promotions
- Build client and supplier relationships through face-to-face meetings, including actively working onsite with client
- Advanced proficiency in building and maintaining Excel databases - including but not limited to: pivot tables, complex formulas, VLOOKUPs, etc.
- Develop and manage annual promotional budget, with strong financial responsibility and attention to detail regarding:
- Overall program budget development
- Redemption Rate Forecasting
- Using client Marketing & Strategic Plans to build pre-meeting knowledge and perspective
- Responsible for the management of the following coupon details:
- Coupon entry/set up in client database and barcode creation
- Proofread and review coupons and UPC lists for accuracy
- Create competitive and client program analysis including: redemption rates, creative overlays and other required metrics. Use analytical skills to identify areas of risk and opportunities. Develop recommendations based on findings.
- Maintain critical category and cross-category Consumer Promotion analysis, reporting & updating promotion calendars for sales and senior leadership on weekly basis
- Developing best practices and share lessons learned for annual planning
- Assist in development of specific processes and update Standard Operating Procedures as needed
- Manage data entry into client, supplier, and pep systems
- Manage budget trackers and monthly reconciliation of budgets for assigned accounts
- Stay up-to-date on industry news and trends, bringing recommendations back to client demonstrating thought leadership
- Seek out additional training; strive to become an expert in the promotion type(s) you execute most often for the client
- Utilize knowledge and expertise to consult with the client on promotion specifications
- Create and manage production timeline; communicate timeline expectations to relevant client contacts, suppliers, and internal personnel
- Manage promotion scope changes as needed while ensuring an on-time and on-budget execution
- Create purchase orders and corresponding invoices
- Capture and track cost savings
- Demonstrate strong mentorship skills and aid Supervisor in developing junior members of the team, especially the Account Coordinator
- Assist Supervisor in leading team projects and initiatives, showing proactiveness and strong accountability
- Support Supervisor in achieving team metrics and goals
- Support Supervisor and Client Manager in development and data management for Quarterly Business Reviews
- Strong ability to manage day to day detailed workload while also supporting pep leadership on long term team vision/goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. A successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Preferred, but not required: Bachelors in Business or Communication a 2.8+ GPA from four-year college or university (emphasis in marketing or management); or Minimum 18 months of applicable business or promotion management experience
- Consumer Promotion knowledge regarding coupons (print and digital), rebates and in-store preferred
- Client Services experience preferred
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals as well as operate internal, online systems
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to be client facing
- Ability to mentor, grow and work harmoniously as part of a larger team
- Ability to do intermediate-level math (calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages)
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to problem solve
- Effectively utilizes staff including delegating as appropriate
- Ability to manage healthy business processes
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have experience in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel. Typing skills should be a minimum of 55 wpm
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
*pep provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, pep complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
pep expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of pep's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge .