This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc.
The Operator's main function is to operate Extrusion equipment within the standard guidelines, in a safe and efficient manner, meeting maximum output rates and monitoring resin feed system, extrusion process, die performance as well as downstream equipment.
- Operate extruder to produce rolls that conform to all quality and profile specifications
- Maintain accurate account of all poundage produced on extruder
- Responsible for accurately completing and processing all documents necessary for tracking extrusion operations, including condition sheets as needed
- Make process changes and roll changes
- Change screens every on every roll during a color change and/or as needed
- Handle extruder maintenance according to Standard Operating Procedures
- Check silos and rail car levels/inventory
- Handle color and product changes on extruder
- Inspect quality of regrind prior to use.
- Insures quality of raw material going into the crystallizer, mixer and dryer meets co. guidelines.
- Communicate all pertinent information at shift change
- Understand and practice all safety procedures and rules
- Responsible for work orders and basic adjustments of equipment
- Know locations of and how to operate emergency stop buttons and fire extinguishers in your area
- Fully train new operators, checking off on training checklists
- Provide relief to other members of team as necessary
- Perform sheet quality testing after each roll
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures
- All other duties as assigned by Team Leader
- Must be knowledgeable in operation of Extrusion equipment.
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!