Kiavi, formerly known as LendingHome, is one of the largest lenders to real estate investors in the United States. With Kiavi’s technology platform and innovative financing solutions, real estate investors are empowered to make informed decisions, close deals faster, and realize the full potential of their real estate investment strategies.
Founded in 2013, Kiavi is committed to helping customers revitalize approximately $25 trillion worth of aged U.S. housing stock and provide move-in ready homes and rental housing for millions of Americans across the country. We have funded $7.8 billion dollars worth of loans across about 35,000+ projects, becoming one of the nation's largest bridge loan lenders.
Combining our technology and industry expertise, Kiavi has grown to a team of over 400 and has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and many more.
Loans funded: More than $7.8 billion
Geography: Lends in 27 states plus Washington, D.C., which account for more than 80% of the nation’s real estate market
Homes financed: About 35,000
Principal and interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
Employees: Over 400 employees
This position can be based anywhere in the United States—remote or in-office. Our hybrid distributed workforce philosophy allows us to find the best talent in the country and build diverse teams, while allowing our colleagues to work from the location that works best for them. For those who prefer to work in-office, we have locations in San Francisco and Pittsburgh. We also plan to use these spaces to bring together teammates to drive creativity and innovation.
With innovation, simple & scalable efforts, and customer service at our core, the Loan Analyst team at Kiavi works cross functionally with other departments to change the landscape of the mortgage industry. The team is responsible for using their critical thinking skills to work through customer challenges and their collective effort is integral in shaping a positive loan experience for all stakeholders. The team works together to find a way to win and adapts to new changes quickly. We’re a fast growing company and are looking for people who have a desire to grow, learn and accelerate their career. As an integral part of the Operations team, you will process the loan and get it ready for an underwriting decision, working with third parties, borrowers and mortgage brokers to create a smooth and simple process for getting a loan.
- Analyze loan applications, collect essential documents and obtain third party reports.
- Reach out to customers to obtain documents or essential information and answer customers’ questions relating to required documents.
- Reviewing and analyzing documents against our credit policy, with the goal of getting the loan ready for an underwriting decision.
- Meet and exceed your daily and monthly quotas for new application reviews, while upholding our high standards for quality.
- Identify potential roadblocks or credit policy alignment issues, and work with sales and other operations teams to determine the best approach.
- Work closely with your cross-functional team to meet and exceed weekly and monthly processing and funding goals.
- Contribute to cross-functional projects or assigned initiatives as needed. Examples may include: testing new systems, procedures, or credit policies, functioning as power user, training or mentoring new hires, data and reporting, etc.
- Attend and regularly give feedback in team meetings.
- Preferred Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience in business or a departmentally related field.
- 1-2 years of successful professional experience as a Loan Analyst/Processor, and/or 2-3 years successful professional experience within the mortgage lending industry.
- You have a track record as a self-starter, with a strong desire to learn.
- You have strong computer skills Including experience with Microsoft Word & Excel/Google Suite.
- You have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- You look for ways to apply technology to help solve business problems.
- You have outstanding verbal and written skills that will enable you to provide an excellent customer experience with borrowers and business partners.
- You are open to feedback, comfortable speaking up and asking questions and able to follow a proven process.
- You are flexible and can work in a dynamic environment of rapid change
Benefits and Perks
- Product Ownership: All employees think like an owner because all employees own equity in the company and play a critical role in making our business great.
- Health Insurance: Our medical, dental, and vision plans are completely free for employee-only coverage, and the company pays 80% of the total premium for dependents.
- Whole-Person Wellness: Anyone can schedule no-cost unlimited virtual therapy sessions, use a monthly subsidy for fitness facilities, and access reimbursements for fertility services.
- Retirement Savings. Employees who participate in our “no fee” 401(k) receive an immediately-vested
- employer match on 100% of contributions up to 3% of compensation.
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, do better for our customers and each other, and support your career journey.
- Flexible Time Off: With no cap on the number of days of PTO each year, employees are encouraged to enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle with work, travel, and family.
- Paid Leaves: You’re immediately eligible for up to 12 weeks of paid leave each year to bond with a new child (mothers & fathers) and up to 8 weeks for medical or caregiver leave so you come back ready to deliver high-impact results.
- Remote-First: We win together while still being fully remote, and each employee receives a stipend for
- their home office setup and a monthly allowance to help with the cost of internet/phone.
Kiavi in the News:
HousingWire: 2019 HW Tech100 Winner: LendingHome
Mortgage Professional America: LendingHome surpasses $5 billion in loans in five years
Pittsburgh Business Times: San Francisco fintech aggressively expands, looks to hire in Pittsburgh