Mortgage Loan Processor
This position is responsible for facilitating an exceptional member experience and a timely mortgage loan credit decision and loan closing. The Mortgage Loan Processor is the vital link between the member, loan officer, underwriter, investor, realtor, closer and title company to coordinate the entire loan process, approval and closing.
- Manage assigned pipeline of mortgage loans ensuring compliance with investor, state, federal and credit union regulations. Policies and procedures.
- Review, verify and update all data entered into the Encompass system including documentation of income, assets, credit history, appraisal, title work, property tax information, insurance information and legal descriptions. This process includes third party verification of employment, income, assets and credit reporting data to complete file for underwriting review
- Clear all conditions requested by underwriting and Mortgage insurance companies to move file to closing expeditiously
- Coordinate and schedule all mortgage loan closings and obtain all payoffs and required documentation to complete the file. Provide required information to closing team by established deadline.
- Maintain strong, positive partnerships with Sales management, Loan Originators, Underwriters, Closers and Title companies.
- Work the hours necessary to meet or exceed all volume and quality goals.
- Assist in any area as directed by the Mortgage Operations Manager.
- Minimum two years of residential mortgage processing experience
- Working knowledge of mortgage lending including conventional, FHA, VA, USDA-RD and ARM products
- Exceptional member service skills
- Exceptional and effective communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Driven self-starter
See Inside the Office of Consumers Credit Union
Back to top