This summer we are opening to students learning English at our campus in Barcelona. Our population consists of students ranging from adults to teens. We are looking for a creative person who can help develop and facilitate events of all types. Your English must be outstanding as students come for an all-English experience.
This role is fixed term mid June – end August 2021 and includes evening and weekend work.
In this role you will oversee students traveling from all over the world. You will act as a local liaison for all students and assist with all aspects of campus life, escort the groups on their activities. In this position you will always offer superb Customer Service. The perfect candidate will be extremely organized with the ability to think outside the box and have a passion for culture!
- Promote, organise and implement a social programme appropriate to customer needs to include business, social, cultural and sporting activities
- Accompany activities and excursions, to include evening and weekend work
- Ensure comprehensive risk assessments for all activities
- Ensure that varied information is available to students for leisure time activities, such as tourist information for other destinations, what’s on guides, travel information and timetables.
- Alongside the team take ownership of customer evaluation scores for activities staff and excursions, and continually seek to improve them by checking evaluations on a weekly basis and actively follows up on customer feedback
- Assist in the management of social media
- Manage and report on all income generated from activities
- Motivate and engage our customers in our leisure programme - you need to be resourceful, enthusiastic, and hardworking and have boundless energy and positivity!
- Work with Activities manager on ensuring activities are priced appropriately and profit targets are met
- Be available and on call to deal with any emergencies whilst on duty, including attending/supervising hospital visits outside working hours.
- Can deliver outstanding customer service
- Enthusiastic about working with international students and spending time with our customers when on activities
- A love of Barcelona and excellent local knowledge
- Extremely organised and resourceful with boundless enthusiasm
- Outstanding communicator, both verbal and written
- Experience working in a multicultural environment or living/working abroad a plus
- Creative approach to problem solving & flexible approach to hours and tasks
- Great people skills – able to influence and motivate, diplomatic and patient
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.