Engineer - OhmConnect
OhmConnect, the leader in consumer energy sharing applications, is seeking a motivated and passionate Rockstar Engineer to apply software development principles to create a world class solution to integrate energy markets and energy consumers.
Role: Senior Engineer
Type: Full Time
Open: April 2017
Start: May 2017
Do you want to define the new energy economy? OhmConnect is looking for a full-stack Rockstar Engineer with exceptional programming skills to join our team. We don’t require any particular educational level or work experience, except for a passion for programming, desire to code rather than manage and experience working on large projects. Put yourself and your ingenuity to the test and come join us!
In this role, you will work with product management and engineering colleagues to develop critical product features and integrations. In addition you will:
● Design, develop and test key features and integrations of the OhmConnect solution for the web, iOS and Android platforms.
● Prioritize and manage development and issue resolution activities.
● Participate in regular team updates and standup meetings.
● Participate on data integrations using state-of-the-art methods for energy markets, utilities, smart meters and automated devices.
● Design and develop data management processes and tools for third party sources and manage smart meter data integration, storage, privacy and archiving.
● Implement application monitoring tools and proactively monitor application performance.
● Deep understanding of Python or Ruby.
● Understand database interactions in SQL.
● Whiz at Linux.
● Experience working in a collaborative codebase.
● Handy with Git.
● Desire to use testing frameworks.
● Dedication to writing clean, robust code.
● Excellent 1-1 and team communication skills.
● Passion for learning.
● Independent, results oriented.
● Enjoy a fun and a fast-paced environment.
NICE TO HAVE:
● Experience with AWS including EC2, SES, SNS, Lambda and ELB.
● Experience with Atlasssian Jira, or another bug tracking system
● General understanding of API’s, communication protocols and validation methods.
● Knowledge of iOS and Android development.
● Documentation skills for code and supplementary knowledge transfer materials.
● Excellent understanding of automated device management.
● Desire for a career that makes an impact.
TRAVEL AND LOCATION:
● OhmConnect has offices in San Francisco and the South Bay. We spend 2 days a week at each one and one flexible location day
● Outstanding benefits package, stock options, salary commensurate with experience.
● OhmConnect is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Back to top