Addison Group is working with a large mission driven organization in downtown, Washington DC to bring on an Digital Marketing / Email Specialist. Persons in this role will be responsible for supporting email programs and digital fundraising efforts to inspire donors to help fulfill its mission. Under direction of the manager, the role includes developing and optimizing emails and donation forms; tracking, analyzing, and reporting on their performance; building supporter-engagement touchpoints; and conducting quality assurance. Areas of focus include increasing conversion rates and revenue, innovating and ensuring high-quality standards to achieve results; and maintaining and updating code.
- Builds and maintains donation forms and related assets, such as thank-you emails, web pages, and surveys, to support digital fundraising and other teams, ensuring quality standards are maintained and best practices are followed.
- Performs a wide variety of production-related tasks for membership email campaigns, including building, modifying, optimizing, deploying, and tracking results, using proper HTML coding to meet compatibility standards across most commonly used email clients, devices, and platforms.
- Performs thorough quality assurance on all email, donation forms, web pages, and other work products related to campaign production.
- Develops, tests, and implements optimization strategies to improve email and donation form performance.
- Provides regular data analysis of email and fundraising performance, sharing results with the team and making recommendations for future optimization.
- Coordinates with internal teams, such as the web and apps team, to plan and implement all necessary production activities, and any other tasks as needed, to ensure projects are launched successfully and in accordance with standards, timelines, and deadlines.
- Works with colleagues in a collaborative and professional manner.
- Responds to inquiries and requests in a timely manner.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- At least two years of digital marketing, website development, or related experience required.
- Experience troubleshooting and quality assurance testing web pages, including forms.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use digital marketing tools and technologies to send emails and build donation forms with a major email marketing platform such as Blackbaud Luminate Online preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office tools, including proficiency in Outlook and an ability to crunch numbers in Excel and draw insights from the results.
- Familiarity with Photoshop preferred.
- Ability to prioritize time independently and balance multiple tasks to meet deadlines and produce high-quality work.
- Strong ability to write clearly, concisely, and logically.
- Possess a high degree of initiative, creativity, and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to solve problems through research, consultation, and testing.
- Committed to building and strengthening a culture of inclusion within and across teams.