The Vice President of Sales has both direct and matrix reports and is responsible for leading the sales team for the seller marketplace division to include all current and future product and service offerings across the division. This leader must be able to translate strategy into action, creating an environment of micro-goals building to macro-achievements. As is important in an entrepreneurial, high-growth company, this leader will adeptly move between hands-on execution and executive vision-shaping. In an atmosphere of ever-competing priorities, the Vice President of Sales must make quick, careful and confident decisions on areas of focus.
The successful candidate for this position will bring a proven track record for creating year-over-year top-line growth balanced between existing markets and new opportunities. This senior leader leverages data and analyzes trends to create a roadmap where none may exist.
The Vice President of Sales will regularly interact with Xometry’s C-suite and with senior leadership in both client and partner companies. This seasoned executive creates followship easily at multiple levels of target organizations.
hmmmm a day to day might look like this:
- Oversee and implement full sales cycle, including market research, needs analysis, pitch, closing, renewal, and upsell
- Communicate capabilities and unique selling proposition based on prospect needs and Xometry solutions
- Identify, evaluate, solicit, and close sales with targets through multiple sales, communications, and marketing methods (eg, cold calling, conference attendance, social media, public relations, drip campaigns, presentations, etc.)
- Partner with marketing and engagement teams to develop and deliver breakthrough approaches through tailored campaigns
- Initiate and develop relationships with key prospects (both suppliers and potential strategic partners) to identify and meet suppliers’ business needs
- Respond to RFPs, review MSAs and other contractual agreements, write proposals and SOWs, including the preparation of project budgets
- Establish and achieve sales goals, metrics, and milestones
- Track and report on sales progress and success; quickly identify gaps and nimbly respond to hurdles with new tactics
- Capture prospect and market needs and trends and consult with executive leadership and internal teams for solution development
who in the world are we looking for ? Someone who...has
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in a sales management role selling into a marketplace environment required
- Demonstrated consistent overachievement record of sales success
- Experience building strategic plans for sales team growth and development including account and activity planning.
- Excellent communications skills and cross-functional collaboration with partners in Marketing, Customer Success, Product and Engineering.
- Experience leading and executing individually and through teams
Xometry is the largest marketplace for custom manufacturing, connecting customers with optimal manufacturing solutions through proprietary AI algorithms. Xometry provides on-demand manufacturing services and industrial supply materials to a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our nationwide network of over 6,000 partner manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities, including CNC machining, 3D printing, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and urethane casting. Xometry's customers include BMW, Dell Technologies, General Electric, and NASA.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.