Xometry is a fast-growing digital marketplace for custom manufacturing. The company is looking for Lead Sourcing Coordinator, Instant Quote who will provide best-in-class service to our expanding group of global Partners and Suppliers. Lead Sourcing Coordinator, Instant Quote will work cross functionally to execute a variety of service enablement functions creating a frictionless experience.
The ideal candidate is seeking a breakthrough career opportunity and is driven to deliver a differentiated service experience by treating our partners as equals. Optimism, creativity and a strong verbal/written communication tool set are critical assets. Flexibility and a relentless focus on Partner retention will make the difference for the successful Marketplace Lead Sourcing Coordinator.
The Marketplace Lead sourcing coordinator is responsible for ensuring that 95% of Customer RFQ’s receive a minimum of 3 quotes Quotes (RFQs) submitted through the Xometry Digital RFQ Marketplace. Once the bid is awarded you will be responsible for a flawless first experience and serve as the advocate for both the Customer and Supplier. Your expert negotiations will swiftly close the quote while surfacing data trends and insights.
Day to Day
- Tier 1 DFM review on distressed orders
- Tier 2 Cost estimator leveraging your expert knowledge of manufacturing to formulate pricing strategies
- Negotiate pricing with Customers and Suppliers
- Initial Triage of orders by uncovering potential manufacturing issues (Tol. issue, non-machineable areas, machining time incorrect) are.
- Create alternative sourcing strategies and drive consensus amongst Customer and Supplier
- Accountable for sourcing KPI’s relative to “no takes”
- Cultivate ITAR Supplier network and relationships and proactively communicate capacity gaps across the network
- Build a vibrant network of suppliers
- Cultivate trusted relationships with our SuppliersReview
- Customer orders and leverage your technical expertise to proactively identify potential issues
- Work cross functionally to devise a sourcing remediation strategy
- Artful negotiator with impeccable track record of closing the deal
- Proven ability to plan for and meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Must be a self-starter, frantically detail oriented, and have the ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solver with the ability to thrive in ambiguous situations with minimal direction
- A strong desire to learn and grow within the company and the position
- Ability to handle several assignments simultaneously
- Proficiency in computer skills to include: Excel, Word, PowerPoint and the Internet
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with large diverse teams
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Commerce or a related field preferred
- Experience with Tableau/Snowflake/Looker - Preferred
- Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams
Xometry is the largest marketplace for custom manufacturing, connecting customers with optimal manufacturing solutions through proprietary AI algorithms. Xometry provides on-demand manufacturing services and industrial supply materials to a diverse customer base, ranging from startups to Fortune 100 companies. Our nationwide network of over 6,000 partner manufacturing facilities enables us to maintain consistently fast lead times while offering a broad array of capabilities, including CNC machining, 3D printing, sheet metal fabrication, injection molding, and urethane casting. Xometry's customers include BMW, Dell Technologies, General Electric, and NASA.
If this job isn’t for you but you have a friend who may be a perfect fit - share this job with them!
Xometry is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Xometry participates in E-Verify and after a job offer is accepted, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.