**This requisition is currently a pipeline requisition only. A member of the Talent Acquisition Team will reach out if the role becomes active again.
WordStream is hiring a Sales Development Representative! Looking to get into tech sales? As a WordStream Sales Development Representative (SDR), you will prospect, qualify, and generate opportunities to support the overall growth of the business, by making contact with Senior Executives and Marketing Managers at Marketing Agencies throughout the United States and Canada.
WordStream is dedicated to providing ongoing one-on-one personal training and coaching, where you will have the opportunity to develop skills in all aspects of sales: prospecting, messaging, communication, and ultimately join the ranks of the world class sales team that we are building providing a great opportunity for career growth.
WordStream is an industry leading software-as-a-service (SaaS) product company voted #1 in customer satisfaction in the search advertising sector. Our purpose is to help SMB's succeed and grow by helping SMB's across our country and the world get the most out of their digital marketing dollars. A subsidiary of Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI), connected to some of the largest companies in the world, WordStream is partnered with Google, Bing and Facebook to help our customers market their businesses. WordStream also strives to make a difference in the lives of the people in our community. We are committed to corporate social responsibility and believe that it is our duty to give back through volunteering and charitable donations. If you are driven by taking action, winning together and believe operating transparently is the only way to work, we want to hear from you!
A little about the job...
- Conduct high volume prospecting (80-100 activities per day) to qualify leads through calls, emails, and social media from WordStream's Lead Database
- Work closely and collaboratively with Account Executives and Management to develop and implement appropriate prospecting strategies
- Schedule marketing assessments and discovery meetings for Account Executives to further assess a prospect's business and potential for a partnership with Wordstream
- Conduct needs qualification calls with specific prospects as assigned
- Learn how a variety of businesses operate, what challenges they face on a daily basis, and how technology can dramatically improve their businesses and employees' lives
- Help Large Agencies realize the profitability of Managing PPC at scale through WordStream's Award winning software
- Set yourself up for a successful career by learning the necessary fundamentals to be a great sales person, leader and executive
A little about you...
- Track record of high achievement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous sales experience OR a strong desire to begin a sales career
- The ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment with peers who challenge you to be better
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- Naturally curious and passionate
- A keenly developed competitive nature
- \"One-speed\" energy with a highly self-driven sense of motivation
- The ability to deal with and thrive on objections and rejection on a daily basis
- Bachelors degree
- Previous work experience in which you demonstrated the ability to meet or exceed your job requirements.
A little about our many benefits...
- Unlimited PTO (Trust and accountability-based)
- Donation Matching and Volunteer Matching
- Monthly company breakfasts
- Standing desks, cold brew on tap, company-sponsored community events, and an A+ office setup
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life)
- Health Savings Account (HSA) & Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan & Company Match
- Parental Leave (PPL), Family Medical Leave (FML), and Adoption Assistance
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Wellbeing & Wellness (Gym membership discounts, online wellness program membership)