VICE Media Group is the world’s largest independent youth media company. Launched in 1994, VICE has offices in 35 cities across the globe with a focus on five key businesses: VICE.com, an award-winning international network of digital content; VICE STUDIOS, a feature film and television production studio; VICE TV, an Emmy-winning international television network; a Peabody award-winning NEWS division with the most Emmy-awarded nightly news broadcast; and VIRTUE, a global, full-service creative agency with 25 offices around the world.
VICE Media Group’s portfolio includes Refinery29, the leading global media and entertainment company focused on women; PULSE Films, a London-based next-generation production studio with outposts in Los Angeles, New York, Paris and Berlin; i-D, a global digital and bimonthly magazine defining fashion and contemporary culture; and Garage, a digital platform and biannual publication converging the worlds of art and design.
Role x You
As a part of the Commercial group in the Design Team, the Senior Designer is responsible for the conceptual development and execution of all design created for N.A commercial partnerships including VICE+ and white label work. This person will be integrated into the Sales process and supporting the team in VICE + executions, from pitch decks, photo briefs, short form animations to long form documentaries. Along with the VICE+ needs the Sr. Designer will also at times support the VICE Media Group portfolio of brands. This includes but not limited to, Key-Art, Campaigns, Experiential Events, Internal and external Communications, Consumer Products and all other brand touch points. Senior Designers are expected to fully support the Art Directors and take on some of the higher profile and more difficult challenges in the department as well as lead by setting a positive example for the group and mentor junior designers and interns.
- Display a clear understanding of the VICE Media Group brand identities.
- Follow and interpret a strategic brief. Play a leading role in creative development and execution of 360 marketing campaigns including print, OOH, digital, social and events.
- Help create visual identities for VICE Media Group franchises.
Design internal and external presentations and templates.
- Ideate creative ideas and campaigns in support of VICE+.
- Contribute to shot lists and assist during photo shoots, including photography post production.
- Actively contribute in brainstorm and collaboration processes.
- Senior designers must be proactive at meeting deadlines, organizing their work and acquiring all information and resources required for their jobs.
- At least 7+ years experience in advertising, graphic design industry, or experience at a media brand.
- Hands on knowledge of graphics software such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Advanced experience with graphic design, typography and logo design, and a current knowledge of styles and trends in design, illustration and photography.
- Degree in design preferred.
- Web design experience is a plus
We want to find people who believe in our goals and feel inspired enough to grow while they’re here to fill the role, rather than someone who checks the boxes but isn’t invested. We encourage you to apply and show us what you’ve got.
If you require reasonable accommodation during the application and selection process, please let us know. We will work together to best meet your needs.
Working at VICE
VICE prioritizes the ideas and people that other media companies miss. We believe that innovation is a direct result of diverse, inclusive cultures so we don’t just “tolerate” differences, we celebrate it and see it as essential to our staff, culture, and business. To learn more read the VICE Guide to VICE
Agencies: VICE Media Group is not partnering with agencies nor accepts unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for any fees or expenses related to such unsolicited resumes and/or applicants.