Senior QA Inspector
- Mountain View, CA
Senior Quality Assurance Inspector
Verb Surgical - a Google and Johnson & Johnson joint venture!
Our Senior QA Inspector will maintain the exceptional quality standards of incoming materials. This important technical position will have direct influence on the quality of incoming components, assemblies, and/or finished goods for R&D and production builds. This individual must have experience using various types of inspection equipment to carry out adequate inspection/testing.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a self starter and possess a great attention to detail as they will be the lead inspector responsible for setting up the incoming inspection area and managing the calibration database. This individual will interact on a daily basis with R&D, Manufacturing/NPI, Quality and Purchasing resources to execute and coordinate inspections of components, sub-assemblies and products to ensure they meet requirements by performing or managing the following duties.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience and/or training with a High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience in a quality inspection role
- Experience in the medical device industry with complex systems strongly preferred
- Basic knowledge Medical Device regulations with clear understanding of documentation, identification and traceability requirements.
- Proficient in GD&T and metrology. Able to read detailed blueprints, conduct mechanical inspection, and follow assembly instructions. Gage R&R knowledge preferred.
- Ability to properly identify and segregate conforming and nonconforming materials
- Ability to operate automated inspection equipment
- Basic knowledge of IPC standards
- Good understanding of statistical acceptance sampling methods for IQC such as AQL sampling or C=0 and sliding concepts to drive sampling methods
- Ability to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices, with experience in CMM Programming and Inspection Plan development
- Possess strong communication skills and a desire to learn
Who is Verb Surgical?
Verb Surgical™ is shaping the future of surgery. A new future, a future unimagined even a few years ago, which will involve machine learning, robotic surgery, instrumentation, advanced visualization, and data analytics. A future of surgery that aims to achieve improved patient outcomes, lower costs, and greater hospital efficiency.
Verb Surgical was founded with technology, expertise, and funding from Verily (formerly Google Life Sciences) and Ethicon, a medical device company in the Johnson & Johnson family of companies. This company will continue in strong partnership with Verily and Johnson & Johnson (Google and Johnson & Johnson Team for Robotic Surgery) to advance the surgical tools and capabilities available to surgeons and OR professionals today.
Back to top