Lead Business Systems Analyst
The Lead Business Systems Analyst approves that designed system solutions are appropriate for business needs and consistent with the overall design of the organization's information systems architecture. Working closely with senior leadership, this job manages large projects, processes and establishes operational plans.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Provides senior level consulting services to business groups on process improvement projects designed to improve IT and business management results.
- Develops and implements new processes, standards or operational plans that will have impact on the achievement of functional results.
- Participates in defining and formulating senior leadership’s IT strategy through the review of business objectives and value proposition.
- 5 Years Required; 7 Years Preferred
- University (Degree), Preferred
- Physical Requirements: Sedentary Work
- University (Degree)
The incumbent will interact heavily with Middle Office Managers and Analysts to document business and functional requirements related to multiyear roadmap projects to optimize and consolidate existing applications across Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives using Murex platform and based on multi-boutique Affiliate model. Candidate will be expected to work on both Agile and Waterfall project methodologies. Business areas supported include: Trade Operations, Portfolio Accounting, Pricing, Derivatives and Collateral Management
- 5+ years of Buy/Sell side experience working at Hedge Fund or Investment Manager
- 5+ years experience with Murex MXPress, MIL, MCM, MLC, GOM, VAR/MRB, Trade Management, Post Trade workflows, Settlement and Accounting process with MUREX
- 5+ years experience with Oracle or SQL Server tools
- Understanding of Fixed Income, Equities and Derivatives business processes are required.
- Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Master degree in Finance, Mathematical Finance or Computer Science would be a big plus
- Working knowledge of supporting Front, Middle and Back office functions: trade confirmation, trade processing & settlement, cash management, pricing, collateral management and payment processing.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year university. BS / BA in Computer Science, Mathematical Finance, Engineering, Accounting, Math or related technical area
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, base salary of internal peers, prior performance, business sector, and geographic location. In addition to base salary, the competitive compensation package may include, depending on the role, participation in an incentive program linked to performance (for example, annual discretionary incentive programs, non-annual sales incentive plans, or other non-annual incentive plans).
Nuveen, the investment manager of TIAA, offers a comprehensive range of outcome-focused investment solutions designed to secure the long-term financial goals of institutional and individual investors. Its affiliates offer deep expertise across a comprehensive range of traditional and alternative investments through a wide array of vehicles and customized strategies. For more information about the firm please visit our website at www.Nuveen.com
TIAA requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide documentation of full vaccination, unless you qualify for an accommodation as determined by TIAA consistent with applicable law.
Benefits and Total Rewards
The organization is committed to making financial well-being possible for its clients, and is equally committed to the well-being of our associates. That’s why we offer a comprehensive Total Rewards package designed to make a positive difference in the lives of our associates and their loved ones. Our benefits include a superior retirement program and highly competitive health, wellness and work life offerings that can help you achieve and maintain your best possible physical, emotional and financial well-being. To learn more about your benefits, please review our Benefits Summary.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected status.
Read more about the Equal Opportunity Law here.
TIAA offers support for those who need assistance with our online application process to provide an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities.
If you are a U.S. applicant and desire a reasonable accommodation to complete a job application please use one of the below options to contact our accessibility support team:
Phone: (800) 842-2755
For residents of California, please click here to access the TIAA CA Applicant Privacy Notice.
For residents of the EU / UK, please click here to access the EU / UK Pre-employment Notice.
For all other residents, click here to access the Applicant Privacy Notice.