Tassat is a New York-based fintech company that provides digital payments solutions for banks to offer their commercial customers. It delivered the first blockchain-based B2B digital payments platform that was approved by a major bank regulator and has transacted billions of dollars to date. For more information, please visit www.tassat.com.
Tassat is looking for a Systems Engineer to join our Infrastructure Team. To do that, we deliver world class safety, security and privacy for our customers. This is a chance to help us leapfrog beyond our competition.
This role reports to our Infrastructure Manager.
What You Own
- Assisting in the design, delivery, and maintenance of our product infrastructure in both our on-prem and cloud environments
- Using automation technologies such as Ansible to create testable, repeatable processes to build and operate the infrastructure
- Configuring and tuning Linux operating systems for security and performance
- Deploying and maintaining various common infrastructure services such as HTTP, DNS, SMTP, and relational databases
- Monitoring and maintaining our private blockchain networks.
- Monitoring and maintaining SAN/NAS devices
- Assisting Development and Operations teams with debugging and resolves production issues
What You Have
- A customer-focused mindset and ability to prioritize among competing demands
- Intellectual curiosity and the drive to continuously improve the environment
- The need to thrive in collaborative environments
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and documentation capabilities
- Effective communication skills, especially the ability to translate technical jargon and concepts into terms intelligible to a layperson
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Minimum 2 - 3 years of experience in the above area
- Experience with Linux, Bash, and Python
- Understanding of networking and common protocols such as TCP and UDP, HTTP, DNS, and SMTP
- Experience with Ansible is a plus
- Experience with any cryptocurrencies or blockchain technology is a huge plus
- A startup junkie mentality, very important to succeed in our environment
Tassat is proud to offer an incredible Benefits Package for full-time Tassat Employees. This includes:
- 100% coverage on Health (with a Health Reimbursement Account) Dental, Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability, Life & ADD, Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Parental Leave
- 401(k) program, Company Equity
- Transit and Parking Pre-tax savings
- FSA Dependent Care, FSA Health Pre-tax savings
- We understand the importance of autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- We strive to be extremely transparent, organizationally flat, and open-minded. While you will have clearly delineated responsibilities, you are welcome and encouraged to contribute beyond those areas. We value ideas and results, not ranks and titles
- We believe great results can only come from great people. If you're interested in working alongside people wo are bright, creative, and diligent - this is the place.
- Ability to solve problems head on (and hands-on) and in simple creative ways
- Bring unwavering passion to the team and the work you do
- Savvy researcher, continuous learner, and enthusiastic team player. We need you to feel like an owner, motivated to succeed and enthusiastic about helping others
- Urgency is key! We all play many roles here and must get our hands into everything to get it done
IMPORTANT NOTICE: All Tassat employees in the New York metropolitan area are required to be in the office in accordance with Tassat's "Return-to-Office Policy", which may be amended from time to time. All Tassat employees are required to show proof of receipt of a COVID-19 vaccination before reporting to the office (unless they can demonstrate they are prohibited from receiving a COVID-19 vaccine because of a closely held religious belief or a disability/medical reason (subject to HIPAA Privacy Rules)).