Who is Smartronix?
Smartronix is a U.S. based, highly regarded information technology (IT) and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security, Data Analytics, Worldwide C5ISR, and Mission-Focused Engineering and Systems Integration. Founded in 1995 and headquartered in Maryland, Smartronix has more than 10 operating offices with approximately 800 employees at strategic locations worldwide. Across today's demanding and ever-changing technology and warfare landscapes, we continue to provide innovative, secure, and agile solutions that transform and modernize operations and contribute to our national security and well-being.
Who Are Our Employees?
Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components of the company's ever-growing success. Committed to ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction, Smartronix is structured around the programs and technologies we support to provide optimal and seamless operations. Due to our talented workforce, we have maintained a reputation for excellence, helping to assure the missions of our Department of Defense, Public Sector, Fortune 1000, and other Government and commercial customers.
Smartronix is seeking an experienced Web Developer to join our expanding Cloud Services team and work with some of the best Cloud Architects and Cloud Engineers in the market. The developer will be required to participate in user meetings/discussion in order to better understand business problems and processes, and also participate in requirements analysis. While this position is based out of Boston, MA, Smartronix is open to various post COVID-19 work location arrangements (full-time remote, other Smartronix locations like Herndon, VA or Tampa, FL)
- Building applications to meet customer and contract requirements
- Works closely with business users to review requirements. Develop, recommend and discuss technical designs that meet those requirements
- Track, monitor, and close user requests; document activities and solutions
- Identify opportunities that can improve the efficiency of business processes
- Provide assistance and advice to business users in the effective use of applications and information technology
- Utilize industry best practices for all aspects of managing and maintaining the environment
- Develops solutions to customer requests to improve customer efficiency and effectiveness
- Facilitate and coordinate responses to data calls and supports briefings to leadership
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and 7-10 years of experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, energetic and professional demeanor
- Strong development skills using python or node.js.
- Proven experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins, AWS CodePipeline or similar.
- Strong understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) is highly desired, including use of the following:
- Scripting in AWS Lambda
- Demonstrated usage of the AWS cli or API's (e.g. boto3) to achieve results.
- Proven experience with full stack software development, using python or node.js., and a working understanding of:
- User authentication using open-id or OAuth2
- Design and implementation of user session management
- Design and implementation of user authorization management
- Implementation of angular module testing
- Implementation of REST services for data access and backend logic using express or flask
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements No Travel Required
Clearance Level Required 01. None
US Citizenship Required No
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.