Cloud Security Engineer - SIEM
- Herndon, VA
Who we are
Smartronix LLC, is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
Smartronix LLC., a Premier Amazon Web Services Consulting Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner and Google Cloud Platform Premier Partner. Today Smartronix serves Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, and government agencies and other regulated markets worldwide in the delivery of Cloud Services.
Who are our employees
At Smartronix, LLC., it is all about our employees! Our employees are encouraged to think big and collaborate every day. We ensure that each employee is not only aware of our strategic vision; they are a part of it. This is because we know that our employees are critical components to the company's ever-growing success. Our employees support the full life cycle from client needs analysis, through design, build migration and go live. They are continually assessing emerging products and services that improve the business of the clients we serve.
Who we are looking for
Smartronix, LLC is currently seeking a Cloud Security Engineer to support our Security Operations team responsible for the managed security services of our customer's cloud-based infrastructures. Candidate will need to guide/assist individuals as they evaluate the overall cyber security posture and develop security monitoring solutions for countering merging threats. The right candidate will contribute to detecting and mitigating security threats by leveraging the provided security tools to ensure quality and timely delivery of our customers' managed security services.
What to expect
- Develop, implement, and continually improve system and network monitoring and alerting capabilities and procedures
- Monitor, triage, and notify our clients of potential security incidents and tune sensors and queries to reduce false positives
- Implement endpoint security agent policies and rules to meet defensive objectives
- Support operational threat analysis based upon log correlation and endpoint security tools
- Support contingency and incident response activities
- Develop monthly and quarterly reports based upon system and network monitoring and alerting capabilities
- Recommend improvements; maintain/monitor production and non-production systems to ensure infrastructure performs at maximum efficiency
- Write knowledge base documents to improve operations,
- Develop standard operating procedures and contribute to overall organizational improvement efforts.
What you need to succeed
- This position offers Telework but applications must be able to travel to Utah once a month
- This position requires an ACTIVE DoD SECRET Clearance (preferred TS or TS/SCI) and a current DoD 8570.01 IAT Level II certification (Security+ CE or equivalent)
- Experience with manual and automated security administration, remediation, and hardening (STIG reviews, group policy and permissions, system modifications based on vulnerability scans, audits, and mitigations; patch management)
- Extensive knowledge of, and hands on with, cloud [e.g. Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, etc.] platforms, services, architectures/ designs, and best practices
- Extensive hands-on experience with public, private, and hybrid cloud capabilities
- Possess cloud related certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Security Specialty, etc.
- Advanced level of expertise in Linux operating system engineering and administration
- Familiarity with enterprise IT services and architectures
- Knowledge of standard DoD concepts, practices and procedures
Check out the Smartronix Cloud Assured™ website for more information on our end to end cloud solutions & capabilities:
- Ability and willingness to continually learn and enhance capabilities
- Ability to communicate complex technical information clearly in verbal and written form
- Ability to work with customer stakeholders and provided security capabilities to counter malicious threat actors
- Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications, infrastructure, and security technologies
- Ability to analyze emerging cyber security threats and applicability to customer environments
- Proactive, self-motivated target driven for service delivery
- Ability to work within a team
- Skills in presenting and communicating with customers
- Must possess a minimum of 3-5 years cyber security experience, with a preference for supporting a Security Operations Center
- Experience with Unix, Linux or Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface
- Cloud or virtualization experience is preferred but not required
- Splunk,Sumo Logic, Azure Sentinel, ELK stack, or SQL query development experience is preferred
- Scripting language experience is preferred by not required
- CISSP, CEH, CASP, Security+ or other security certifications are preferred but not required
- 4 year degree required, additional years of experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
- Must possess the ability to obtain a Public Trust and/or DoD clearance
Level of Education 4 Year Degree
Travel Requirements Negligible
Clearance Level Required 02. Public Trust, 04. Secret
US Citizenship Required Yes
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Back to top