ServiceTitan is seeking a talented Economist to join our Strategy Analytics team! In this role, you will develop a deep understanding of the field service industry and the factors which affect demand for residential and commercial building construction, maintenance and other field service sectors.
You will leverage proprietary and third party data to analyze different economic questions related to the contracting sector and produce regular state of the industry memos for internal clients and prospects.
As our Economist, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of how economic conditions and external factors such as covid or extreme weather events affect the different trades (HVAC, plumbing, electric, etc.)
- Analyze current trends in the residential and commercial sectors and forecast future market evolutions
- Use proprietary and third party data sources to analyze economic questions related to field service contracting activity
- Leverage internal subject matter experts and data sources to analyze key drivers of contractor activity and deliver anonymized benchmarks for contracting businesses
- Produce regular state of the industry memos related to the field service industry, residential and commercial contracting sectors
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- Ph.D in Econometrics, Economics or similar quantitative discipline required.
- At least 5+ years of postdoctoral experience, candidates with more experience are encouraged to apply
- Previous publications in top-tier peer reviewed academic journals
- Previous experience related to the contracting or construction industry a major plus
- Hands on knowledge of some of the most advanced methods in econometrics, statistics, causal analysis, regression and/or forecasting
- Expertise in SQL, previous experience with big data systems a plus
- Strong coding skills in Python, R, Matlab or similar statistical language
- Great communication skills including communicating complex concepts to business stakeholders
ServiceTitan is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for the trades, a trillion-dollar global industry. We help small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses. For more information about ServiceTitan, visit www.ServiceTitan.com.
Perks & Benefits
1. Work/Life Balance: flexible work schedule, flexible PTO
2. Family-Friendly Benefits: extended parental leave, pregnancy support, 20k in adoption reimbursement, Snoo Smart Sleeper, back-up childcare credits, legal benefit, discounted pet insurance
3. Enrichment: ongoing learning culture with access to Linkedin Learning and professional development workshops, diversity charter groups, orientation program, career pathing opportunities, mentorship programs
4. Health & Wellness: company-paid medical/vision/dental/life insurance/disability, employer HSA contribution, free One Medical membership, care coordination support, 401(k) with company match, stipend for home office equipment/supplies, gym discounts, monthly cell phone stipend
Equal Opportunity Employer
ServiceTitan does not discriminate against employees based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, disability, pregnancy (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical condition), genetic information, protected military or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. At ServiceTitan, our mission is to help our Titans and customers achieve the extraordinary. We are an equal opportunity employer and we celebrate the diversity that each Titan brings to the table. We believe that the convergence of fresh, unique perspectives and experiences from all walks of life is what makes our product and culture so great - and there's always room for more.
CCPA Notice for CA Residents applying to Jobs at ServiceTitan
Please review the CCPA Notice here: ServiceTitan CCPA California Privacy Notice
Life at ServiceTitan