Systems Engineer - Monitoring
- Denver, CO
Are you looking for an opportunity where your skills and enthusiasm make a difference and where your voice will be heard? At RingCentral our award-winning environment is high-energy, collaborative and committed to providing world-class service for its customers. We’re the #1 global cloud-based, communications provider, growing at more than 30% annually, and we’re looking for team-members with an entrepreneurial spark!
RingCentral fosters career development and provides leadership training, education, workshops, and mentoring for all employees. RingCentral promotes a healthy work-life balance by providing catered lunch and breakfast daily as well as a kitchen stocked with a variety of complimentary beverages and delicious snacks.
RingCentral is the largest and fastest-growing pure-play provider in this space, market capitalization of over $18 billion, and we are very excited to have surpassed our previous goal of a $1 billion annual revenue run-rate ahead of schedule.
- Craig Hallum: “Predictably Exceptional Results – We’ve Come To Expect Nothing Less.”
- Deutsche Bank: “Executing like a Well-Oiled Machine.”
- Jeffries: “Firing On All Cylinders.”
- Northland: “As UCaaS Market Evolves, RNG Excels”
We’re creating cool, disruptive products, and we need your help!
Job Type: Full-Time Exempt | Location: Denver, CO or Belmont, CA
We are looking for a Systems Engineer to join the RingCentral Operations Intelligence team. The person will be responsible for maintaining and operating our top-notch monitoring infrastructure including ElasticSearch stack, Zabbix, InfluxDB stack and other tools. Our team is focused on providing actual operational state-of-the-system to the company's teams and tools: from collection and storing of metrics and logs, to alerts correlation and presentation. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s monitoring infrastructure to support our next generation of products and monitoring initiatives.
- Primary responsibility is to maintain RingCentral’s monitoring infrastructure availability
- Make changes to the monitoring system according to the company’s needs and processes, using configuration management tool set
- Participate in new projects from design to implementation
- Be on top of capacity requirements in a growing environment
- Implement code (scripts) required for sub-systems integrations
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field and equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent Linux administration including one of scripting languages (see below)
- Experience in implementing and operating of monitoring systems in large environments
- Thorough knowledge in one of configuration management tools
- Experience in agile development
- Understanding of Monitoring domain and SaaS approaches
- Ability to work in very diverse multicultural environment
- Good communication skills
- Good team player with self-start ability
Preferable Technology Stack:
- Monitoring: Zabbix, Prometheus
- Logs: Kafka, ElasticSearch
- DBs: InfluxDB, ClickHouse, VictoriaMetrics, TimescaleDB (PostgreSQL)
- Programming languages in order of preference: Go, Python, PHP, bash
- Configuration Mgmt: Ansible
- VCS: GitLab
- Containers: Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon, Docker OS-es: Linux (CentOS)
RingCentral, Inc. (NYSE: RNG) is a leading provider of global enterprise cloud communications, collaboration, and contact center solutions. More flexible and cost-effective than legacy on-premises systems, the RingCentral platform empowers employees to work better together from any location, on any device, and via any mode to serve customers, improving business efficiency and customer satisfaction. The company provides unified voice, video meetings, team messaging, digital customer engagement, and integrated contact center solutions for enterprises globally. RingCentral’s open platform integrates with leading business apps and enables customers to easily customize business workflows.
RingCentral is headquartered in Belmont, California, and has offices around the world.
RingCentral is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to workplace diversity.
Back to top