Procore is looking for a Billing Operations Manager to grow a team of best-in-class Revenue Cycle analysts and specialists that provides deal support to sales, deal desk, legal, revenue accounting functions. This group collaborates with other members of the organization to ensure accuracy and integrity of the data in multiple systems.
This position will report to the Senior Manager, Revenue Accounting and will work in Carpinteria HQ, Austin, or remote. We’re looking for a candidate to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Manage deal review and billing functions including review of complex transactions, ensuring daily bill runs are completed timely and accurately
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with key stakeholders in Deal Desk, Legal, IT, Finance and Accounting
- Manage and maintain documentation on internal controls to ensure SOX compliance
- Develop internal processes and standard operating procedures & SLAs for different scenarios
- Build a high-performing team, develop roles and responsibilities for the team and structure them for success
- Partner with cross-functional teams including Deal Desk, Legal, RevOps and Sales to review or address bookings, billings and revenue recognition concerns for non-standard deal structures;
- Implement best practices and processes to help company scale the deal review and billing functions to support company growth, international expansion, new product strategies
- Serve as an subject matter expert in billing and deal review and provide guidance and insights on company-wide strategic initiatives and projects
- Partner with IT and functional teams to develop comprehensive and concise business requirements to help drive billing/revenue system solutions.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness by streamlining, standardizing and automating processes and reporting requirements from process/tools/system perspective.
- Participate in enterprise wide billing/revenue related system implementations
- Provide mentorship to deal review/billing staff and cultivate a positive work culture.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working in a role in the technology/SaaS industry that required a mix of billing/analytics/process improvement
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting/Finance/Business fields preferred)
- Demonstrated history of implementing process automation, with the ability to implement best practices, scale business processes and team structure to match business growth (International expansion, Resellers, etc. )
- Experience managing multi-site, cross-country teams highly desired; must have the ability and desire to lead across different time zones
- Demonstrating a broad understanding of quote to cash process, including deal desk, order management, collections, and revenue recognition.
- Solid planning and prioritization skills. Demonstrates high energy with the ability to remain flexible and change priorities in a challenging and fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of revenue accounting (ASC 606) is a plus
- Proven ability to independently take ownership and manage assigned tasks
- Strong oral and written communication skills and customer service skills is required, as well as eagerness to learn and take on challenges in a rapidly growing and dynamic environment.
- Experience managing 5+ team members across different time zones and improve team performance and efficiency
- Intermediate/advanced Excel skills required
- Systems knowledge with Salesforce and NetSuite is required, and systems experience with Zuora and RevPro is a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.