This position is for Pactiv Evergreen Inc
Starting wage up to $16.44!
**Now Hiring -Full Time Direct with Great Benefits including 401K Match and Fast Career Growth!**
Grow your career at Pactiv*
Summary: Safely and effectively packs finished goods and prepares product for shipment.
- Provides support for the operations team by working safely to feed material into machines, inspect product for defects and pack finished goods in correct configuration.
- Performs quality checks and ensures correct counts on various product sizes and packs into the appropriate packaging.
- Makes minor machine adjustments to minimize interruptions and ensure quality product.
- Replacement of adhesive tape in hand tapers and automatic sealing machinery.
- Ensure that any finished goods or work in progress identification labels are present and placed in the correct position.
- Stacks finished product in correct configuration, ready for transportation.
- Responsible for ensuring good housekeeping, and that area(s) of responsibility are safe, clean and tidy.
- Promptly inform supervisor of any issues concerning health and safety, hygiene, quality and efficiencies.
- Follows all Company established rules and policies; Adheres to all Safety rules and regulations.
- Completes paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
Education and/or Experience:
- Previous experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment is highly preferred; Ability to work with others effectively as a part of a team is essential. Ability to follow standard work instructions is required.
- Language Skills: English; Spanish helpful
- Mathematical Skills: Basic mathematical calculations
- Computer Skills: None
- Physical Demands: Standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, bending, squatting, twisting, climbing, lifting up to 30 lbs, pushing, pulling, carrying, and reaching.
- Work Environment: Loud, humid, extreme heat (depending on season), dusty, fumes
About Pactiv Evergreen Inc.:
Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the new powerhouse within the food and beverage packaging industry was formed in September 2020 following the merger of two great organizations; Pactiv LLC, the leading manufacturer of food and beverage packaging solutions in North America, and Evergreen Packaging LLC, the global leader in paper packaging solutions to include fresh beverage cartons. Together, we are Pactiv Evergreen Inc., the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America, with market leading positions across a broad range of products in an essential industry. For more information, check us out online at www.pactivevergreen.com
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call (847)482-4320 or email TalentHelp@Pactiv.com.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Why Join Pactiv Evergreen:
- Career development: On the job learning, certification programs, coaching and mentoring, training programs, leadership development and on-line learning
- Compensation: competitive wages and monthly performance incentive opportunities
- Benefits: our robust benefits package includes health (medical, dental & vision), disability and life insurance along with 401(k) savings plan, various employee discounts, wellness programs and paid time off.
- Stability: we are the largest manufacturer of foodservice, food merchandising and fresh beverage cartons in North America. We are an essential component of our nation’s critical food supply chain. In short, we help feed our country!