Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Vaccine verification will be required.
The Senior Director, Biopharma Business Development is a highly-visible leader in Natera's oncology pharma partnering business, working with biopharma partners to expand existing business and establish new business relationships with new clients.
- Lead the Business Development process in the area of companion diagnostics and pharma services for Natera's oncology business
- Lead proposal development, term sheet generation, and negotiations
- Be the face of Natera to external pharma partners, liaising with all levels of biopharma partners from biomarker groups to CEOs
- Drive sales Natera's pharmaceutical services business; secure and retain business through professional, consultative, and proactive sales activities directed at key decision makers
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop sales plans for each target account. Develop in-depth knowledge of the customer organization
- Coordinate with Natera's scientific, operations and leadership team to present comprehensive proposals
- Maintain high visibility within the customer organization. Monitor customer satisfaction by regular communication with the customer
- Handle follow-up related to the sale and drive completion of contractual documents
- This role works with PHI on a regular basis both in paper and electronic form and have an access to various technologies to access PHI (paper and electronic) in order to perform the job
- Employee must complete training relating to HIPAA/PHI privacy, General Policies and Procedure Compliance training and security training as soon as possible but not later than the first 30 days of hire
- Must maintain a current status on Natera training requirements
- Employee must pass post offer criminal background check
- Bachelor's degree preferably in business, life sciences, economics, another related field, or equivalent required. MBA or related advanced degree desired
- 5+ years of in-depth commercial, business development, product management, diagnostic marketing, in the oncology space
- Strong Oncology Pharma background required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Proven track record of effectively driving large scale pharma partnering initiatives
- Attention to detail and ability to work simultaneously on multiple priorities
- Adapt and be flexible to changing priorities
- Effective negotiation skills
- Willingness to travel up to 50%, both domestic and internationally, as required
- Open to any location within the US
- Passionate about oncology, genomics, and personalized medicine
- This position primarily works in an office environment, which requires frequent sitting, standing and walking.
- Daily use of a computer is required.
- May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings.
- The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
Travel required for this position:
No or Yes _X: If yes state anticipated percent for travel: may be required up to 25%
Driven by the passion for elevating the science and utility of genetic testing, Natera is committed to helping families identify and manage genetic diseases. Natera is a rapidly-growing diagnostics company with proprietary bioinformatics and molecular technology for analyzing DNA. Our complex technology has been proven clinically and commercially in the prenatal testing space and we are actively researching its applications in the liquid biopsy space for developing products with oncology applications.
The Natera team consists of highly dedicated statisticians, geneticists, doctors, laboratory scientists, business professionals, software engineers and many other professionals from world-class institutions, who care deeply for our work and each other. When you join Natera, you'll work hard and grow quickly. Working alongside the elite of the industry, you'll be stretched and challenged, and take pride in being part of a company that is changing the landscape of genetic disease management.
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive Benefits - Employee benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life and disability plans for eligible employees and their dependents. Additionally, Natera employees and their immediate families receive free testing in addition to fertility care benefits. Other benefits include pregnancy and baby bonding leave, 401k benefits, commuter benefits and much more. We also offer a generous employee referral program!
For more information, visit www.natera.com.
Natera is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace environment, and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. Inclusive collaboration benefits our employees, our community and our patients, and is critical to our mission of changing the management of disease worldwide.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply, and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws.
POSITION LOCATION: NOTE THAT THIS POSITION IS REMOTE AND CAN WORK FROM ANYWHERE IN THE US