Looker BI Developer
- Denver, CO
HomeAdvisor and our sister company, Angie's List, have combined to create the largest Homeservices marketplace in the nation. Part of ANGI Homeservices (ANGI), we connect millions of homeowners across the globe with home service professionals through our innovative and user-friendly products. By creating innovative technology and providing a highly collaborative environment, we have achieved accelerated growth year after year, and have been recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for each of the past 6 years.
HomeAdvisor is known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a generous "take what you need" vacation policy, high collaboration across the business, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we truly believe in our people and our product. This role will work in our brand-new Headquarters in the RiNo Arts District in Denver, CO.
What you'll do:
As Looker BI Developer, you will be responsible for managing the architecture, design, and support of self-service analytics and reporting. This role will work closely with sales, operations, product managers, and senior leadership to define metrics that will drive actionable insights. As Looker Developer, you are a visionary leader tasked with synthesizing complex data structures into appealing and digestible explorations. Your goal is to create a self-service environment users will visit to codelessly gain deep understanding about the business, and make data-informed decisions central to our company mission. You will be primarily developing LookML, Looker reports, supporting Looker self-serve and training users, while also supporting Oracle Analytics and complex Excel reports.
Skills and experience for success:
- 3 + years in a Business Intelligence role
- 2+ years where your primary responsibility is creating self-service content within an Enterprise BI tool such as Looker, Oracle Analytics, MicroStrategy, or Qlik
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and concisely to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Superior analytical, problem-structuring, and problem-solving skills
- Strong, demonstratable SQL and data profiling
- Knowledge of core data warehouse concepts
- Dashboard development with a keen eye for design
- Flexibility to support and develop in a variety of BI tools: Oracle Analytics, Looker, complex Excel dashboards, and occasionally Tableau
- Passion for innovation, analytics and solving new challenges every day
- Hunger for learning, self-starter
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Back to top