At HomeAdvisor, we are revolutionizing the way that every American homeowner improves and maintains their home. We do this by creating digital products and experiences to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a two-sided marketplace that is reimagining how people care for and improve their homes while also nurturing growth of independent small businesses. As #1 in the Home services category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor is looking for an experienced Content Editor to join our Content & Editorial team . We're building best-in-class digital content for our users and looking for an editor with a n interest in all things home to help grow and improve our content library . This position will work out of one of our offices in Denver, New York, Chicago or Indianapolis, though remote work may be considered for the right candidate .
In this role, you will h elping to ensur e quality and consistency across large volumes of content from our network of freelance writers. In addition to proofreading and editing, t he Content Editor will provide feedback to external writers and internal Content Researchers to improve process and output . Content Editors will also be responsible for reviewing and implementing content changes as suggested by our Expert Review Board .
What you'll do:
- Editing content to uphold HomeAdvisor's brand voice/tone, grammatical and factual accuracy, readability, and expertise , authority, and trust.
- Ensuring content satisfies user intent by being insightful, useful, relevant, engaging, and ultimately more helpful than any other content online.
- Helping create and maintain internal documentation covering content standards, guidelines and procedures .
- Managing writers , giving comprehensive feedback and timelines.
- Source new writers ; review the portfolio s and edit tests of new potential contributors
- Performing relevant SEO workflows and deliverables as it relates to content:
- On-Page Optimization (titles, H1s, URLs, etc. )
- User Engagement & Experience
Who you are:
- Expert editing skills: You have expert knowledge of the latest AP Style guidelines and best practices for writing online and a basic understanding of core SEO concepts .
- Efficient & productive: You get a lot of things done, but you get the right things done first and are comfortable working at scale .
- Excellent communicator: You are able to clearly communicate in various forms and has a passion for providing helpful feedback to writers.
- High ownership: You like to work independently and with a sense of urgency, while de livering high-quality results.
- High initiative: You are an ambitious go-getter who takes initiative without being asked and over-delivers on your promises.
- Innovative: You are c onstantly focused on improving, growing, and coming up with new ways to grow and propel our content.
- Teamwork & positive attitude: You work collaboratively with a positive and can-do approach to opportunities and challenges to get the right things done quickly.
Skills and experience needed for success:
- Demonstrable track record of improving content for the web and a passion for editing and creating content.
- A degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related degree preferred, but equivalent experience will be seriously considered.
- 3+ years of experience with creating and/or editing content for the web.
- Experience with Grammarly, plagiarism detectors , Google Docs or other editing tools preferred.
- SEO knowledge and experience a plus.
- Familiarity with project management tools such as Monday .com
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $45,000 - $90,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. In 2017, Angie's List and HomeAdvisor combined to create the world's largest Homeservices marketplace. We love the software that we invent, the millions of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!