Branded Content Editor
- New York, NY
About the Job
We're Charlotte. The creative studio inside Some Spider Family, the media group representing the largest digital media brands reaching, engaging, and activating parents today. With Scary Mommy, The Dad, and Fatherly, Charlotte is well-positioned to power brands who support and champion parents in their daily lives.
Like our namesake, Charlotte from Charlotte's Web, we are the creative force behind the scenes -storytellers who weave words and images to captivate our audience's imagination, and successfully drive them to action. We spin powerful creative to fuel compelling campaigns, grow our clients' business, and supercharge their brands.
Role: Branded Content Editor (The Alchemist)
Before we can win our clients', business and achieve their goals, we need ideas - bold, disruptive, and highly engaging ideas -- sparked by a true understanding of our client's needs, our audience's interests, and media and content trends. This is where the Branded Content Editor (BCE) shines. By mixing together these inputs with a dash of je ne sais quoi, the BCEs are responsible for brainstorming, concepting, and packaging innovative content-led program pitches on behalf of brand partners.
- Liaise between the editorial team and the advertising team, conceiving and managing built-if-sold native and branded content franchises across owned channels.
- Turn [ Scary Mommy/The Dad/Fatherly], cultural and audience insights into cool, never-been-done-before custom branded content opportunities for brand partners.
- Consult with brand partnerships and sales team to identify the best content strategy for each program, including program architecture, tactic and channel mix, and program rollout cadence.
- Identify opportunities to flesh out pitches and assign, collaborate, and edit writers, designers, and developers to ideate and create channel-specific tactics. Tactics may include but are not limited to video, social media, articles, banners, websites, podcasts to support pitches and bring campaign ideas to life.
- Organize, store and track pitch presentations by category, client, and KPI so that they are easily retrievable for future pitch inspiration.
- Collaborate with the audience development team on shared initiatives on an ad hoc basis.
- Do research and share editorial, content, and product consumption trends and insights to inform content program pitches and sold programs.
- Visualize and package content concepts into a presentation format, including giving direction on imagery, typography, iconography for comp purposes.
- Represent Charlotte and/or editorial brands in meetings with internal and external clients and agencies, and present ideas and content program pitches in a clear, concise, and engaging way.
- 3 to 5 years of branded content campaign development and pitch writing experience.
- Experience with audience insights and development, branded content, commercials, social media.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work at a fast pace.
- Ability to work in a startup environment.
- Ability to work remotely and responsive during East Coast working hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with career development opportunities when available.
About Some Spider Studios
Some Spider Studios is a media & entertainment company building identity brands that lead their space. It all starts with amazing original content that connects with people. We value creativity, analytical rigor, relentless initiative, humor and kindness. We work hard because we love what we do. We offer fun problems to solve, a passionate team that cares, and the chance to turn this industry on its head.
Back to top