Logistics at full potential
Are you passionate about safety, ensuring your colleagues always remain safe and supporting them to appreciate the importance of working in a safe environment? If you want to be part of an organisation who put safety first, then come and join us and we will support you to develop your career further!
Do you have Prevention Advisor level 2, or near completion? We are open to newly qualified or experienced Safety Advisor to join our team, this will be covering several customer sites within Ghlin.
Your working hours are Monday to Friday, standard working hours.
Your primary purpose is to provide competent and practical advice to the local site management to improve the performance of safety and health on the site. You will ensure all company systems, procedures and policies are complied with.
To ensure the health, safety and welfare of all employees and others to whom the company has a duty of care, you shall aim to protect, as far as is reasonably practicable, the company from enforcement action by the authorities under all relevant Safety and Health legislation. Also, you will take the lead and support the site's Safety Culture Development Program (Road to Zero).
Other tasks and responsibilities:
- Understand and maintain all recordkeeping requirements (corporate and legal)
- Develop and maintain the Risk Register and Assessments per sites activities.
- Develop key Safety Standard Work Instructions
- Coordinating and performing training (in all SH&E areas)
- Create and implement local SH&E improvement programs.
- Managing safety data sheets and the dangerous goods requirements on site
- Manage and coordinate the MHE program on site.
- Participate in and lead emergency responses.
- Coordinate local safety team/committee and address employee SH&E concerns.
- Manage and drive the safety cultural improvements for the location(s) in line with corporate requirements and coordinate and drive the Behavioral Based Safety Program
- Understand and prepare site safety reports, metrics & KPIs.
- Perform sampling and monitoring
- Manage contractor controls on site and issue permits as required.
What you need to succeed at GXO
- Qualification in Prevention Advisor Level 2 - Safety
- Fluent English and French verbal and written communication required.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and tasks
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
- Exhibits positivity, passion, integrity, and responsibility.
- Licensed to drive a car in Europe.
- You must have experience with Microsoft Office
What we offer you
- Competitive salary
- A dynamic organization, in which your opinion and development matter
- Opportunity to direct your own success and support from us to develop yourself.
- A new challenge in an entrepreneurial, open, and information organization
- A pleasant work environment with good colleagues
Unlock the potential of your future!
Your work environment
Working at GXO Logistics means working in a dynamic and international organization. A fascinating environment with plenty of room for personal input and development. Employees at GXO Logistics are in charge of their own success. Whatever your position at GXO Logistics, you will face new challenges every day, which will enable you to develop optimally. We support you in your development, so that you can contribute to the entrepreneurship of our organisation.
GXO Logistics offers advanced supply chain solutions for the world's most successful companies in many industries, like e-commerce, food & retail and industrial multinationals. In the BeNe region (The Netherlands and Belgium) GXO BeNe operates from +30 different locations with its headquarters in Eindhoven (NL).
Want to know more about GXO Logistics?
Watch the video below or visit our website www.gxo.com
In short, this is the next place you want to work!
For more information, please contact Debbie Haywood, Corporate Recruiter, she can be reached via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply via the button and leave your recent CV
GXO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make GXO a great place to work.GXO is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support and thrive on diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity and inclusion in our business is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are Disability Confident Committed as part of the Disability Confident Scheme (GIS) and actively welcome applications from people with disabilities.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.