The Included Health Data Science Team is at the heart of the company’s mission to remove the frustration that exists today in navigating the healthcare system and improving the health and lives of everyone. We are developing systems and models to identify the highest quality doctors in the country as well as methodologies to uncover the subtle differences between each physician’s clinical expertise. Additionally, patient-level modeling allows us to understand the specific healthcare needs of every person. With a high fidelity understanding of both patients and physicians we are able to route patients to the most appropriate and highest quality care in line with their specific needs.
In addition to developing the company’s core technologies, data scientists provide decision support analysis for many teams across the organization including product development, sales, marketing, and strategy. Data scale ranges from small data sets that fit on a single laptop to large multi-terabyte clinical information in distributed database systems. We regularly deal with class imbalance, noisy data, huge feature sets, and balancing advanced solutions with interpretable results. We write production code that is tested and maintainable, and look for machine learning implementations that balance cutting edge solutions with maintainability and simplicity.
- Driving Clinical Outcomes and Savings. You will play a key role in optimizing the quality of care delivered to Included Health members and customers and minimizing the total cost of that care. You will develop new machine learning models to understand how care is delivered to patients, and help patients discover the providers and services that will deliver the best care for them. Data Science can be an important partner in helping the Care Team provide the best experience to members. Measurement across interactions can help to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements, inform product opportunities, and help drive high quality care. This role provides the opportunity to join an early stage research effort and be instrumental in setting the direction of future initiatives.
- Modeling of Member Journey. As Included Health has expanded its product offerings, the Data Science team has access to a wealth of data about how people use these products. Modeling work in this area ranges from identifying members that are most in need of specific services to predicting the expected value of interactions with a member. Using these models and systems we can customize services to a member’s unique needs and optimize their path through the healthcare system in order to provide them better care. In this role you will develop creative solutions to drive personalization throughout the member experience and work cross-functionally with product, engineering, marketing and clinical teams.
- Develop creative solutions to diverse problems including engineering challenges, unstructured data messes, ontology development, and machine learning applications
- Lead and develop major projects from end-to-end encompassing planning, design, technical implementation, roll-out to Product & Engineering, measurement, and iteration
- Operate at a high level of sophistication in statistics and machine learning
- Regularly monitor pull requests, perform code reviews, and produce excellent peer reviews on projects prior to shipping to Product & Engineering
- Evaluate and experiment with new technologies and facilitate adoption by the team
- Work closely with analysts, data scientists, product managers, and engineers
- Drive business impact across the organization by identifying underserved opportunities and implementing robust technical solutions
- Excellent verbal communications, including the ability to clearly and concisely articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical collaborators
- Experience as a Technical Lead on cross-functional initiatives and the ability to demonstrate success in driving impact with cross-functional partners and stakeholders
- Required: Python, SQL, linux shell scripting, end-to-end model development development and deployment
- Experience with SQL relational databases as well as big data: the Hadoop ecosystem, Hive, Spark, Presto, etc
- Prior experience with Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Degree(s) should be in a technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Physics, Math, quantitative social science. MS or PhD with leadership experience preferred.
- Cherry on Top: previous work on medical applications and/or with claims data
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.