The Infrastructure team is nimble, innovative and rapidly growing as it builds out foundational infrastructure relied upon by every data scientist and software engineer at Grand Rounds Health. We sit at the bottom of the stack, right above AWS, which enables us to build cross-cutting features with maximum reach and impact. Currently, we are bending Kubernetes and Istio to our will to make magic happen for our users.
The Infrastructure team is part of the greater Platform organization with a shared mission to drive engineering velocity. Platform engineers are impactful, high-leverage force-multipliers; we thrive by casually making the entire engineering organization more productive. We work directly with our stakeholders, exercising the right amount of empathy to help define and scope our projects. If you believe that self-organizing, highly autonomous teams build better platforms, then this is the right opportunity for you. We are not an operations team.
We are fast, hard-working and iterative in nature and consistently optimize for impact. We believe shipping 80% of the value faster and learning is the best way to maximize impact. We also recognize that we won’t get technology, tooling or processes right on our first try and seek ways to continuously improve ourselves. We are looking for smart, self-motivated software engineers at all levels to join our truly exceptional development team.
- You care about software and are proud of what you do; to you it’s more than a job.
- You optimize for impact over progress and love getting stuff done (GSD).
- You get a rush when you improve the productivity and remove barriers from fellow engineers.
- You have strong programming skills, CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software.
- You have a solid understanding of Linux systems, networking and distributed systems.
What You Will Do:
- Write highly impactful infrastructure software in Python and Go.
- Plan and lead ambitious technical projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company.
- Build cross-cutting features in the dataplane by using and extending state of the art service mesh technologies.
- Design systems that will span multiple AWS regions to enable high availability of the platform.
- Promote DevOps best practices across teams.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Istio and Docker
- Design or operation of robust distributed systems.
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and its alphabet soup of technologies including EKS, RDS, Auto ScalingGroups, ALB/ELB, IAM.
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.