Senior Software Engineer, Product
- Flexible / Remote
The Navigation engineering team is nimble, collaborative, and motivated. We build and support the digital experience of the company’s flagship product: Navigation. Our work is in member’s hands, as they find the right providers, understand their healthcare plans, and easily understand the financial implications of finding and accessing care. We take a lot of pride in providing a digital experience that improves member’s healthcare outcomes. We demonstrate end to end ownership, collaborating closely with product and design partners to build the right thing, and build it well. We showcase the insights from the data and research teams, delivering a personalized experience that is relevant to the member, so members feel like Grand Rounds Health just gets them.
We are a fast-moving team that delivers on improvements to the current features, build out new features, run product experiments, and invest in under-the-hood changes to make our code more reliable, maintainable, and scalable. We are looking for engineers who love to deliver amazing products to users, collaborate across teams and functions, and take strong ownership of how they deliver work.
- You optimize for impact over progress and love getting stuff done.
- You are an exceptional problem solver utilizing first-principles thinking.
- You enjoy a solid technical debate with smart, thoughtful peers.
- You tend to become a subject matter expert in any code you dive into, and demonstrate strong product ownership in your team’s work.
- You have significant professional experience in building and maintaining consumer grade web applications, suggested 5+ years experience.
- You have a solid understanding of full-stack web development, including modern frontend frameworks, APIs, and backend services.
- You have strong programming skills, CS fundamentals, and a track record of implementing highly reliable software. A formal CS degree is not required.
- You consider yourself a high growth individual, continuously looking to recognize growth areas and improve in both technical and non-technical skills.
- You are eager to learn from feedback, and in turn give your peers feedback that helps the team grow together.
What you will do:
- Partner with product managers to lead the technical planning of ambitious member experience improvements.
- Contribute across the full stack of web technology, frontend, API, backend.
- Design systems that span multiple services to enable consistent, fast, clean data flow.
- Own the development of certain Navigation features around provider search and routing, claims history, and financial toolkit.
- Swiftly address any issues and invest in resolutions that improve the product’s reliability going forward.
- Identify areas of technical debt and influence roadmap plans with smart solutions.
- Participate in and influence technical decisions of the wider Applications Engineering org.
- Promote software engineering best practices across teams.
Technologies we use now or may use in the future:
- Golang, Ruby on Rails
- React, TypeScript, NextJS
- HL7 FHIR
- MySQL, PostgreSQL
Familiarity with these technologies is a bonus, but we care more about your ability to choose the right tool for the job and quickly ramp up on technologies that are new to you.
We encourage you to apply if you feel you meet most but not all of the above requirements.
Grand Rounds Health is dedicated to raising the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. Our company is focused on delivering high quality care and services to members from all walks of life. Diverse teams are strong teams, and we encourage those with varied identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply.
More about the Navigation product, as told by member reviews:
★★★★★ Super useful
Any questions about insurance the care team is there to help and are super friendly. They also help to find Drs wether it be primary or specialist in network to help save money at drs visits and it also tracks the amount you’ve spent towards your deductible and out-of-pocket cost. This has made insurance a lot easier for myself, instead of having to call and ask questions I can just pop on grand rounds and everything I need is at my fingertips.
★★★★★ Love the service
I have never had such a great service like this. They are so helpful with everything. Every time I have called in they have been so helpful and the app is amazing!!! I appreciate have this to help guide me through all my medical needs
★★★★★ Matching me with a specialist was easy
Great way to find a doctor
About Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health:
Grand Rounds Health, Doctor On Demand and Included Health merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com and www.doctorondemand.com.
Grand Rounds Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top