Senior Software Engineer, Data Infrastructure
- Flexible / Remote
Grand Rounds Health’s “Personal Healthcare Assistant” product platform is a mobile-first product with a rapidly growing user base and feature set. Our mission is to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone everywhere by empowering our members to get to better healthcare outcomes through a data-driven and consumer friendly navigation of healthcare in the palm of your hand.
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for building cutting-edge infrastructure that supports the mission-critical components of our Cloud, Data and Machine Learning Platforms. As a member of Grand Rounds Health’s Platform Engineering team, you will collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Engineers to leverage Spark, Airflow, Kubernetes and Kafka to design and ship the infrastructure that powers our Data and ML Platforms.
Initial Projects Include:
- Workflow Orchestration: A fully managed workflow orchestration service that empowers data owners to author, test, schedule, and monitor pipelines
- Batch and Streaming: Infrastructure to run both batch and streaming data processing pipelines
- Event Streams: A fully managed system to empower engineers to ingest, process and analyze event streams in real-time
- Exploratory Machine Learning: Infrastructure to facilitate fully isolated, elastic exploratory machine learning & data science
- You have built data infrastructure for data engineering and/or machine learning teams
- You have a very strong understanding of data processing technologies for both data science and engineering, coupled with exceptional software engineering foundations and discipline
- You have a commanding grasp of Spark, Kubernetes, networking and distributed systems and strong programming skills and CS fundamentals
- You optimize for impact over progress and love getting stuff done (GSD)
- You care about software and are proud of what you do; to you it’s more than a job
What You Will Do:
- Deliver ambitious projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company
- Design systems that will span multiple AWS regions to enable high availability of the platform
About Grand Rounds Health and Doctor On Demand:
Grand Rounds Health and Doctor On Demand merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com and www.doctorondemand.com.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top