Lead Software Engineer, Platform
- Flexible / Remote
Are you passionate about building highly available, resilient systems? How about leading a team to deliver impact at scale? We are looking for a hands-on Lead Engineer to drive important cloud infrastructure initiatives using their keen understanding of where our business is headed and a mastery of their craft to help us get there.
The Platform Engineering team builds cutting-edge infrastructure that supports the mission-critical components of our Cloud, Data and Machine Learning Platforms.
As a member of Grand Rounds Health's Platform Engineering team, you will collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Engineers to design and ship the infrastructure that is based upon Kubernetes, Istio and Docker.
Initial Projects Include:
- Cross region kubernetes federation
- Canary/blue green deployments with Istio and Tekton
- Build a new observability stack: logs, metrics and tracing
- We believe that getting to operational excellence is also cultural and as such we are responsible for the training, processes and maturity model of all services
- You have experience leading and scaling teams to consistently deliver large infrastructure projects
- You have a commanding grasp of Kubernetes, networking and distributed systems and strong programming skills in Python or Go, CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software
- You optimize for impact over progress and love getting stuff done (GSD)
- You care about software and are proud of what you do; to you it’s more than a job
What You Will Do:
- Deliver ambitious projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company
- Design systems that will span multiple AWS regions to enable high availability of the platform
- Help set technical direction for the entire infrastructure team at the 1+ year horizon
- Experience with Istio and Docker
- Design of robust distributed systems
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and its alphabet soup of technologies including EKS, RDS, ALB/ELB, IAM
About Grand Rounds Health and Doctor On Demand:
Grand Rounds Health and Doctor On Demand merged in 2021 to form the first of its kind integrated virtual care company to raise the standard of healthcare. Our personalized, longitudinal care services include primary care, specialty care, integrated behavioral health, everyday and urgent care, chronic condition management and prevention and 24/7 triage. We get members to the right care, at the right time through ongoing clinical navigation, expert medical opinions and care coordination.
Partnering with leading employers and health plans, we deliver unparalleled, end-to-end care. Our combined nationwide practice of dedicated clinicians and innovative data science and technology platforms provide better care experiences, better member satisfaction, and better outcomes and cost savings for our nearly 100 million covered lives across commercial, Medicare and Medicaid.
Headquartered in San Francisco, the combined company has been recognized as a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness and 2021 Best Workplaces in Healthcare and Biopharma™ by Great Place to Work and Fortune. Learn more at www.grandrounds.com and www.doctorondemand.com.
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Back to top