Are you passionate about building highly available, resilient systems? How about leading a team to deliver impact at scale? We are looking for a hands-on Lead Engineer to drive important cloud infrastructure initiatives using their keen understanding of where our business is headed and a mastery of their craft to help us get there.
The Platform Engineering team is the enablement machine for engineering. Our mission is to build scale while reducing costs and eliminating all the extraneous complexities necessary in building software. We do this by taking a software-based approach to solve the complex infrastructure challenges with a strong focus on using engineering and software practices. We treat our platform as product and continuously find ways to delight our engineering colleges.
Initial Projects Include:
- Cross region kubernetes federation
- Canary/blue green deployments with Istio and Tekton
- Build a new observability stack: logs, metrics and tracing
- We believe that getting to operational excellence is also cultural and as such we are responsible for the training, processes and maturity model of all services
- You have experience leading and scaling teams to consistently deliver large infrastructure projects
- You have a commanding grasp of Kubernetes, networking and distributed systems and strong programming skills in Python or Go, CS fundamentals and a track record of implementing highly reliable software
- You optimize for impact over progress and love getting stuff done (GSD)
- You care about software and are proud of what you do; to you it’s more than a job
What You Will Do:
- Deliver ambitious projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company
- Design systems that will span multiple AWS regions to enable high availability of the platform
- Help set technical direction for the entire infrastructure team at the 1+ year horizon
- Experience with Istio and Docker
- Design of robust distributed systems
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and its alphabet soup of technologies including EKS, RDS, ALB/ELB, IAM
About Included Health
Included Health is a new kind of healthcare company, delivering integrated virtual care and navigation. We’re on a mission to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone. We break down barriers to provide high-quality care for every person in every community — no matter where they are in their health journey or what type of care they need, from acute to chronic, behavioral to physical. We offer our members care guidance, advocacy, and access to personalized virtual and in-person care for everyday and urgent care, primary care, behavioral health, and specialty care. It’s all included. Learn more at includedhealth.com.
Included Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Included Health considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.