Group Travel Sales Consultant
EF Go Ahead Tours Toronto
**For consideration, applicants must be able to start remotely with the ability to work in office post COVID office restrictions.
For over 30 years, EF Go Ahead Tours has guided adult travelers across the globe via carefully crafted group travel itineraries. Our travelers range from young professionals to retirees, solo travelers to entire families, travel enthusiasts to those stepping off their first flight. We believe the best way to learn about the world is to experience it and every day we come to work hoping to help as many people as possible do just that.
As a member of our high energy, collaborative and competitive sales team, you will play a critical role in developing customer acquisition and retention strategies while simultaneously identifying opportunities to improve the customer experience. Your daily activities will involve making outbound sales calls to potential travelers who have expressed interest in group travel through our website and marketing efforts. Additionally, you will help maintain interest by continuing the relationship with our past loyal travelers in booking their next Go Ahead Tour.
No Sales experience? No problem. Our Sales Development Program is designed for those who are both launching a new career in sales and those who want to build upon existing sales skills and techniques. Our goal is to create strong sales people and instill lasting skills that you can carry with you throughout your career. Benefits of the program include training in sales, product, marketing and industry trends, coaching in consultative selling techniques, presentations, public speaking and dedicated mentorship. This program is a great way to build your career with a global leader in the industry.
- Independently manage your book of business while simultaneously bringing in new business
- Maintain and practice high outreach, follow-up phone conversations
- Utilize consultative selling techniques to prospect and initiate product interest
- Consistently achieve or exceed sales goals
- Develop an integrated sales strategy to accomplish your goals
- Strong verbal communication skills (must be able to connect with a diverse range of individuals via telephone)
- Intrinsically motivated to hit goals
- Demonstrates personal accountability
- Analytical with adept problem-solving skills
- Ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize work
- Must have at least 4 years of relevant work experience or a 4 year degree
Why you’ll love working here:
It’s not just a job – it’s a way of life. In your role, you can expect to:
- Make an impact. Come to work and help change the world every single day, bringing our mission of Opening the World Through Education to life.
- Expand your worldview with paid international business travel. The more you develop, the more passport stamps you’ll collect.
- Live well. Benefits include a base salary plus bonus potential, three weeks paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two), and a company matching RSP plan.
- Stay healthy. We’re proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan, $500 yearly fitness reimbursement, and various fitness classes and activities.
- Be engaged. We work in an open environment without a cubicle in sight. You’ll also enjoy comprehensive professional development, a yearly stipend for continued education, and frequent sales competitions.*
- Have fun. Connect with colleagues at company parties or over beer at the beer fridge. Also can’t forget about the free coffee and snacks!
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.