Group Travel Sales Consultant
EF Go Ahead Tours Toronto
**For consideration, applicants must be able to start July 12th remotely with the ability to work in office post COVID office restrictions.
In the role of a Groups Travel Consultant we are looking for ambitious, high performing, self-motivated individuals who want to become business leaders. You will be responsible for prospecting, qualifying, and generating sales leads to support our Group sales business for Canada. Internally, we are looking to create a world class sales team motivated by adventure, learning, and opportunity. This individual will be highly motivated, self-starting, and adaptable.
To start, you will be part of our North American Sales Development Program where you will receive one-on-one personal attention designed to promote professional growth and understanding of the business. You will have the opportunity to combine your strengths in sales, consulting, analytics, and relationship building. Your goal will be to develop your own book of business throughout Canada, follow up on warm leads and identify potential prospects. You will help our customers see the world and take pride in being part of an organization that is shaping the global perspective of travelers.
A Successful Groups Tour Consultant Will Be:
- Independently manage your book of business while simultaneously bringing in new business
- Maintain and practice high outreach, follow-up phone conversations
- A good listener with strong communication skills
- Fearless with a true entrepreneurial spirit
- Confident and decisive when faced with a challenge
- Able to take feedback and run with it
- An influencer and networker who loves talking to people and identifying ways to connect
- Naturally curious, with the ability to anticipate needs and ask the right questions
- An adaptable and highly motivated team player and individual contributor
- Tenacious in all aspects of your life; you understand how to get the job done
- Must have at least 1 year of Sales experience
- Experience with account based selling and prospecting is preferred
Why you’ll love working here:
It’s not just a job – it’s a way of life. In your role, you can expect to:
- Make an impact.Come to work and help change the world every single day, bringing our mission of Opening the World Through Education to life.
- Expand your worldview with paid international business travel. The more you develop, the more passport stamps you’ll collect.
- Live well. Benefits include a base salary plus bonus potential, three weeks paid vacation time to start (and four weeks starting in year two), and a company matching RSP plan.
- Stay healthy. We’re proud to offer a market-leading health and dental benefits plan, $500 yearly fitness reimbursement, and various fitness classes and activities.
- Be engaged. We work in an open environment without a cubicle in sight. You’ll also enjoy comprehensive professional development, a yearly stipend for continued education, and frequent sales competitions.*
- Have fun. Connect with colleagues at company parties or over beer at the beer fridge. Also can’t forget about the free coffee and snacks!
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.