Who You Are
Bold, confident and charismatic, fun-loving with non-stop energy
Love leading, working with and coaching young people
Passionate about cultural exchange and international education
Work with students through fun, unforgettable, life-changing experiences around Victoria & Vancouver Island. Your mission will be to ensure students have the experience of a lifetime and memories that last forever. The only way to achieve this is if you are also having the time of your life!
- Have amazing energy and enthusiasm – you command an audience and are comfortable leading groups of 40+ individuals on your own
- Organize, plan and lead a full schedule of activities, games, sports, field trips and excursions
- Flexibility and comfort in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment; cool under pressure
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- Be reliable – you are extremely dependable and true to your word
- Comfortable working with diverse populations including those with limited to no English skills
- Attend weekly Activity Leader briefings
- Knowledge of the Victoria area
- Most importantly, you have a positive attitude, great sense of humor and you are FUN!
- Conduct weekly meetings with groups to communicate information about planned activities
- Responsible for navigating the city, account for specific number of tickets, and other logistical details for the group. Responsible also for mapping out all costs for the trip and excursions, reporting back to the Activities Coordinator.
- Assist with other administrative duties as assigned
- Enthusiastic, confident and energetic
- A natural leader with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and punctual
- Goes above and beyond, never settling for the status quo
- Comfortable leading activities, social events, sports activities and excursions for groups of 35-50 students
- Maintain a balance between professionalism and fun
- Authorization to work in Canada
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- CPR/First Aid training will be provided
- Deal with problems and emergency situations should they arise
- Availability during evening/weekend hours
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.