EF Eastbourne is looking for amazing people to work as live-in Residence Assistants in our summer residences.
Your main job is to be a face of EF and provide excellent customer service to all our students living in the residence. You will make sure that the residence feels like a ‘home away from home’ them. Below you can find a list of some of the duties you can expect.
Who you are:
- Highly motivated, energetic, positive
- Customer service orientated, friendly & approachable manner
- Able to remain calm under pressure & to diffuse potentially difficult situations
- Sensitive to needs of international students living away from home
- Excellent communicator with students, colleagues, and external suppliers
- Attention to detail, organised & thorough
What you will be doing:
- Checking that rooms are ready, clean and available for arriving students
- Preparing registration documents for new students
- Meeting & greeting new students on arrival
- Assisting with checking in & taking students to rooms
- Informing arriving students about rules and fines (community standards)
- Regularly checking rooms to ensure facilities are in good condition & being well maintained & cleaned
- Curfew checks (overnight on call at the residence)
- Ensuring that reported maintenance issues are dealt with efficiently by residence staff
- Assisting students with problems
- Ensuring that residence rules are being adhered to and report all issues to residence manager
- Liaising with Staff responsible about any issues or problems
- Ensuring that when on call, emergency phone must be answered at all times
- Issuing on-the-spot fines in liaison with the Residence Staff
- Liaising with the Residence Staff, organising and partaking in weekly activities
- Escorting students to school on Monday morning
- Run activities at the residence
- Reminding departing students of leaving date & procedures
All applicants are welcome, and we think this role is extremely suitable for mature university students and young professionals who have lots of travel and life experience and who are looking to save on their accommodation while providing guidance to our students. As the role is live in, you will have an “accommodation offset” of 7 hours deducted from your weekly wage. Breakfast is included in the role.
If you are looking to start an (international) career a Resident Assistant position with EF puts you in a great starting position!
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs.
We are 52,000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 612 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.