Live-in Residence Advisor
- Brighton, United Kingdom
EF Brighton is looking for amazing people to work as live-in Residence Assistants in our year-round residence International House.
As a Residence Assistant you work 7 hours a week and you get paid with free accommodation & breakfast. These hours are flexibly filled in according to the business needs.
Depending on the time of year, there might be extra hours available on an hourly paid basis.
Your main job is to make sure that the residence feels like a ‘home away from home’ for international students. Below you can find a list of some of the duties you can expect.
The duties as a Residence Assistant include
- Checking that rooms are ready, clean and available for arriving students
- Preparing registration documents for new students
- Meeting & greeting new students on arrival
- Assisting with checking in & taking students to rooms
- Informing arriving students about rules and fines (community standards)
- Regularly checking rooms to ensure facilities are in good condition & being well maintained & cleaned
- Curfew checks (overnight on call at the residence)
- Ensuring that reported maintenance issues are dealt with efficiently by residence staff
- Assisting students with problems
- Ensuring that residence rules are being adhered to and report all issues to residence manager
- Liaising with Staff responsible about any issues or problems
- Ensuring that when on call, emergency phone must be answered at all times
- Issuing on-the-spot fines in liaison with the Residence Staff
- Liaising with the Residence Staff, organising and partaking in weekly activities
- Escorting students to school on Monday morning
- Run activities at the residence
- Reminding departing students of leaving date & procedures
All applicants are welcome and we think this role is extremely suitable for mature university students and young professionals who have lots of travel and life experience and who are looking to save on their accommodation while providing 5-star service and guidance to our students.
If you are looking to start an (international) career a Resident Assistant position with EF puts you in a great starting position!
We want our customers to have the time of their lives. At the same time, we want you to have a great time whilst working with EF! The key is teamwork and the good spirit within the group. You will play a crucial role in promoting this amongst everyone involved.
Previous experience with EF is valued.
EF Education First is a global education company focusing on language, academic, cultural exchange, and educational travel programs.
We are 52,000 staff, faculty and teachers, working in over 612 offices and schools across 52 countries, and having a global presence in 116 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 53 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
EF is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be followed up and will ask specifically whether there is any reason that the applicant should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18. Upon interview all gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily and proof of identity and, where applicable, qualifications will be required. Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment
Back to top