In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021, and this role will be based in our Denver office at that time.
EF High School Exchange Year sponsors international high school students who spend a semester or academic year living with host families across the United States. In order to bring their dreams to reality, we first have to grow and maintain our large network of volunteer host families who open their hearts and homes to these brave students. That's where you come in.
You will directly manage the process of matching international exchange students with volunteer host families living in your region of the US. You will do this by successfully managing, motivating and coaching a team of local coordinators as they work in their communities across the US to recruit new host families, engage with local schools, and promote the ideas and values of exchange. Once a family is found, you will work to match them with a student and assist with various administrative responsibilities to ensure a high quality experience for all participants. You will constantly be working towards individual and team goals as you look to grow our presence within your region's schools and communities.
Tell me more
Our Regional Placement Managers are able to build strong relationships with a large group of coordinators, learn the ins-and-outs of their region's geography and school policies, and know how to coach, encourage and strategize to help others reach their goals. Having experience managing a sales pipeline is helpful, as is a competitive streak, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a love for tackling challenges head on.
A demonstrated ability to produce results, stay organized and inspire others will help you to build strong connections with our local coordinators and your colleagues. Yes, we are goal-oriented achievers, but we also value collaboration and teamwork, especially in overcoming obstacles and solving problems in a fast-paced environment.
People from all different professional and educational backgrounds have thrived in this role and we believe that there is no such thing as a “perfect” candidate; so, if any of the below statements resonate with you, please apply!
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
- 3+ years of previous experience in related field (such as sales, volunteer management, recruitment, etc.)
- You love the challenge and excitement of hitting goals, and you are a positive team player even when the pressure is on
- You are a natural networker and great communicator
- You are capable of building and maintaining strong relationships across a variety of different audiences, and have experience working with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- You have the ability to travel 2-4 times per year to participate in hands-on recruitment, training and team events
- You have a strong work-ethic, a high level of personal accountability, and the ability to work well both individually and in a team environment
- You have the ability to motivate others with your passion, positivity, and desire to help people grow and achieve their goals
Why You’ll Love Working Here: Perks, Benefits and Earning Potential
Work in our downtown office where you’ll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming, office-wide sports leagues and employee-run social groups (including our “EF-finity” groups: Black@EF, LGBTQ+@EF, Latinos@EF, Asians@EF and Parents@EF). And did we mention the free coffee, beer and Kombucha on tap?! In addition, you can expect:
- Commitment to professional growth: robust monthly calendar of trainings, workshops and TED Talk style sessions
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two), in addition to nine paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Market-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits including onsite and virtual classes run by EF instructors, and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- $1500 annual tuition reimbursement and $500 annual charity matching
- EF Product Discounts (discounts on travel, international language schools, childcare with our Au Pair product and more)
- Dependent care, healthcare and commuter Flex Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
- Starting salary range $40,000 to $45,000, depending on prior work experience. Bonus potential based on individual sales performance. This role is eligible for overtime.
EF High School Exchange Year (HSEY) is a non-profit high school foreign exchange program affiliated with Education First. We bring students from around the world to live with volunteer host families and enroll in local high schools for either one semester or a full academic year. Our mission is to promote international understanding and global awareness across the US. Together we share culture and languages, open communities to the wider world and create lifelong bonds that span the globe. For more information about our program, please visit www.efexchangeyear.org.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.