EF Education First, the world leader in international education is looking for an experienced HR & Payroll Manager to lead the HR and Payroll Department of EF Spain.
As an HR & Payroll Manager you will be responsible for leading the HR and Payroll Department of EF Spain. This role will mainly be focused on: payroll, compliance, compensation and benefits and personnel administration, As well as, developing and strengthening internal controls and processes related to payroll and HR administration. The role will have a generalist profile, though very focused on mentioned areas.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- To advise and support the Management Team to achieve and maintain compliance with legal and regulatory obligations
- Develop and maintain company policies and procedures
- Develop and support management/employee consultation processes
- Manage pay and benefits
- Building a culture of continual improvement, all aligned to our purpose and values
- To provide an excellent administration service for all employment matters.
- Provide an HR service of advice and training to managers and employees
- Ensure all employees receive a contract of employment within the required deadlines
- Advise and support managers with employee relations issues including disciplinary, grievance and redundancy
- Ensuring the highest standards of payroll administration
- Manage regulatory filings, notices, audits, and other communications from Government Administrations
- Perform monthly & quarterly reports and end of year closing.
Management of Payroll accounting and processing
- Responsible for ensuring accuracy, compliance, and timely processing of monthly payrolls, including social security contributions and income tax declarations
- Coordinate with managers to process new hires, terminations, leaves, and other changes
- Perform Payroll related reporting (e.g. monthly and quarterly payroll reports)
- Ensure the management of all types of leave eg holiday, sick, maternity, etc are completed effectively
- Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions
- Prepare payroll reconciliations, and assist with quarterly reporting and external financial audits
- Provide any other Payroll, accounting or administrative related tasks, as identified.
Health and Safety Strategy
Working in partnership with Management team and with our Health and Safety vendor, provide advice and support to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory obligations, and create, implement and update Covid protocols.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Labor Relations, accounting or Finance
- At least 6 years of relevant work experience, preferably in Payroll Management roles within a multinational company
- Excellent English knowledge; able to express oneself comfortably and spontaneously in writing and speaking
- Elite attention to detail and accuracy
- Professional, responsive and customer-focused working relationships with all levels of staff
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Positive team attitude with a willingness to work on both smaller and large tasks to help get the job done
- Candidate with experience in a fast-growing company is preferred.
- Proficientin Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills, HR-related IT programs (Red, Delta/Conta), SEPE (Contrat@, Certific@) Social Security (SILTRA)
- Master in Human Resources or Employee Relations
- Knowledge in A3Equipo
That's What We Offer
- Flexible working hours Monday to Friday
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Flexible remuneration: transport, restaurant and kindergarten tickets, private medical insurance
- Cool perks such as free coffee every day
- Discounted Gym memberships
- Challenging, varied tasks in a dynamic and innovative environment
- A fast learning environment with the opportunity to increase your scope in your department with a motivated international team
- Working in our beautiful Barcelona office
- Competitive Salary
EF Education First, the world leader in international education is looking for an experienced Senior HR & Payroll Specialist to support the whole Spanish personnel administration procedures.
Founded in 1965, EF’s mission is to open the world through education. To date, EF has helped more than 15 million people learn a language, discover the world or earn an academic degree.
EF offers international learning opportunities designed to provide students with firsthand exposure to the world’s cultural, historic and natural sites as they study them. We’re global - we have a presence in over 100 countries.