EF International Language Campuses
EF International Language Campus in Tarrytown, NY, is seeking a dynamic, organized and customer service minded Housing Coordinator to help manage our Housing Department. The position requires the ability to support managing our internal residence, as well as recruiting and retaining host families in the local area. The Housing Coordinator works closely with students and their accommodation to ensure a successful experience for all parties. Candidates should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment yet still able to maintain a high level of customer service. The Housing Coordinator is required to meet the varying needs of our students and host families, in addition to completing other administrative and school-wide duties.
The successful candidate for this position will report to the Residence Manager and oversee all aspects of student welfare including housing and administration for all students in this location. Excellent communication skills are needed to liaise with our sales offices worldwide.
EF Tarrytown is part of a global network of language campuses around the world. With thousands of students from over 40 different countries studying in our schools, you are joining a truly diverse and multi-cultural environment as well as a team of passionate professionals dedicated to language learning, travel, and cultural exchange.
- Position is full-time and will require some weekend work at certain times of year.
- Housing and board negotiable
- Work to ensure a high level of customer service to international students, host families and other members of the community where students reside.
- Work directly with foreign office staff (English speaking) to produce quality assurance and problem solve any issues that may arise.
- Position is responsible for the student’s allocations on campus and dorms organization.
- Efficiently manage day to day administrative tasks. Support with the budget of all housing related costs.
- Work directly with students, support the resident advisors, and work with the host families through daily communication to problem solve, manage crisis, and help students acclimate to a new environment.
- Drive results and ensure successful host family recruitment and student placements in host families throughout the community. Oversee Host Family Appreciation and/or recruitment events
- Manage host family payments, ensuring payments are made accurately and on time.
- Cooperate with our residence and the residence advisors to ensure the safety and overall satisfaction of our students. Help resolve conflicts and enforce disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- Housing Coordinator is responsible for the Residence Emergency phone (weekdays and weekends)
- Position is the direct liaison between the Facilities Department and Residence Department. Responsible for the cleaning and room preparation cycles in all campus halls.
- Be an influential leader and manager to a team: run meetings, develop agendas, drive improvement
- Other duties as required - responsibilities may be modified depending on the operational needs of the department and school.
- Customer Service Minded
- Proven leadership track record and management skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to meet long and short-term goals
- Creative thinker
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to react quickly and make sound decisions
- Good analytical skills and spatial planning skills
- Dynamic and outgoing person
- Comfortable working with diverse populations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Travel or study abroad experience preferred
- Sales or recruitment experience desirable
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.