Do you love meeting people from all around the world? Are you friendly, enthusiastic and fun? If so, you might be the perfect fit to showcase San Diego as our Summer Housing Coordinator for EF International Language Campuses.
The job of the Housing Coordinator is to work closely with students and their accommodation to ensure a successful experience for all parties. Candidates should be comfortable working in a stressful environment yet still able to maintain a high level of customer service. The Housing Coordinator is required to meet the varying needs of our students and their host families/residences, in addition to completing other administrative and school-wide duties.
The successful candidate for this position will report to the Housing Manager and assist with all aspects of student welfare including housing, discipline, and administration for 500-1300 students. Excellent communication skills are needed to liaise with our sales offices worldwide, work closely with the housing team, and retain and recruit host families. This will begin as a temporary, full-time, hourly role, with the potential to grow in the future. The role is from June 2021 – September 2021.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working to ensure a high level of customer service to international students, host families and other members of the community where students reside.
- Collaborating with our student residence to ensure the safety and overall satisfaction of our students. Help resolve conflicts and enforce disciplinary procedures as necessary.
- Working directly with students and host families through daily communication to problem solve, manages crisis, and help students acclimate to a new environment.
- Working directly with foreign office staff (English speaking) to produce quality assurance and problem solve any issues that may arise.
- Efficiently manage day to day administrative tasks.
- Collaborating with Housing Department staff to drive results and ensure successful host family recruitment and student placements in host families throughout the community.
- Pursuing imaginative and innovative techniques to ensure deadlines are met and the highest quality standard is achieved.
The ideal candidate:
- Utilizes Strong Conflict Resolution Skills
- Customer Service Minded
- Creative Thinker
- Extremely detail oriented
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, with the ability to react quickly and make sound decisions.
- Sales driven
- Ability to work well autonomously as well as in a team setting
- Dynamic and Outgoing person
- Comfortable working with diverse populations
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and Internet
- Candidates must successfully pass a criminal background check
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.