Host Family Coordinator
International Language Campuses-Victoria
Reporting directly to the Housing Director, the selected applicant will be responsible for calling potential hosts to help in the recruitment of host families for this summer and fall. The role also includes attending host family recruitment events and outdoor actions across Victoria and surrounding area, to promote hosting EF’s international students. Position involves working evenings and weekends.
- Cold calling database
- Participating in EF events, door to door canvassing and street action around Victoria and the surrounding area to recruit homestay hosts
- Following up with inquiries and entering them in the database
- Keeping database up-to-date
- Providing pre-departure accommodation information to homestays about arriving students
Qualifications and competencies:
- Highly motivated, energetic, and positive
- Excellent telephone skills
- Target driven with sales experience
- A flexible approach to work and hours of work is essential
- Friendly and approachable manner, not afraid to speak to strangers and make phone calls
- Able to remain calm under pressure and to diffuse potentially difficult situations
- Excellent communicator with external clients such as host families, students, and colleagues
- Attention to detail, organized, and thorough
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, ability, parental status, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.
EF Education First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.