Job Title: Food & Beverage Duty Manager
Location: Ashridge House, Berkhamsted, Hertfordshire, HP4 1NS
Reports to: Head of Food & Beverage
Salary: Competitive Salary
Are you looking for the next step in your career and hungry to make a difference?
As F&B Duty Manager you’ll oversee and be responsible for the smooth day to day operations of the department. You will also be responsible for working with the management team in ensuring excellent training and standards are maintained at all times.
If you are passionate about food and drink and have the ambition to be part of our exciting journey to become the best provider of hospitality, then we have a wonderful opportunity for you.
If you accept the challenge and want to be part of our exciting future, then we want to hear from you!
- Deliver world class dining to all clients – creating ‘wow’ moments for all guests
- Provide constant training to al team members based on their training requirements
- Motivate and engage with the team
- Lead team briefings in a clear and timely manner
- Responsible for closing down and cashing up on duty and processing customer credit charges liaison with other relevant departments
- ‘Hands on’ management
- Ensure all health, safety and hygiene practices and procedures are followed correctly
- Manage the staff rota and the teams annualized hours, ensuring staffing levels match business needs (understand staff budgets)
- Liaise with clients and guests to be able to meet and exceed their expectations
The role is worked on a rota basis therefore the successful candidate must be able to work shifts covering a day range of 6am till 2am. Requirements will be worked averaging 40 hours per week including weekends and bank holidays. For this reason it is essential to have your own transport.
- Previous experience at supervisory/staff management
- Conference and banqueting experience is essential
- Knowledge of overseeing a department, writing rotas and F&B systems.
- Wide ranging food and drink knowledge (including bar management)
- High standard of personal presentation
- Ability to maintain service standards while working under pressure
- 25 days paid holiday
- Free access to the onsite gym
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Free on-site parking
- Free access to Ashridge Live
- Free online language lessons
Set in 190 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens, Ashridge House is home to Hult Ashridge Executive Education – a world class leader in providing education to many recognizable household brands around the world. The magnificent house dating back 800 years is considered one of the finest event venues in the UK. Having hosted parties for Kings and Queens, Ashridge now provides that same royal service to all its guests whether they be at Ashridge House for a wedding, afternoon tea, educational program or those using our newly opened Courtyard Café. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a fun and dynamic organization whilst delivering a 5 star service to all of our guests.