Do you love meeting people from all around the world? Are you friendly, enthusiastic, and fun? If so, you might be the perfect fit to showcase Santa Barbara as our Activity Leader for EF International Language Centers.
Activity leaders are required to support the Activities department in organizing events, providing great customer service to our student population, being an outgoing and vivacious guide to Santa Barbara, and assisting our students by getting them involved in activities that we offer. This position also asks the applicant to help with administrative tasks and constant interaction with our students. Some examples of exciting activities the activity leader will lead include hiking, tours, coastal cruises, arts and crafts, and beach volleyball, just to name a few.
Key responsibilities include:
- Upbeat and positive even during stressful times.
- Able to develop positive relationships with team members and international students and the community
- Communicate clearly and effectively
- Able to work as a team and independently
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- A dynamic and outgoing person
- A person who enjoys a fun and dynamic international environment and is flexible
- A confident and friendly personality
- Outstanding customer service and critical thinking skills
- Must be dependable and professionally represent the EF brand
- Great communication skills
- Candidates must successfully pass a criminal background check
Those applying for the position must have flexible hours (25-40 hrs./wk.) including some weekends in an upbeat and diverse atmosphere.
This is a temporary seasonal position. Start date is in June, running until the end of August.
About EF Education First:
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.