Activities and Administrative Coordinator
Activities and Administrative Coordinator
International Language Centers - EF Mills College
Reporting to the School Director
As a core staff member, the Activities and Administrative Coordinator is at the heart of all matters relating to the school, working very closely with the School Director to ensure smooth running of operations & continual improvement of services & procedures.
- Outgoing & confident personality
- Enjoy working in busy, varied and international environment
- Organized with attention to details
- Enjoy multi-tasking
- Creative & energetic with lots of common sense as key
- Ability to handle difficult situations with ease & remain calm under pressure
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Manages enrollment of new students and maintenance of database records, ensuring that all new bookings are confirmed within the required time, details checked carefully and changes made.
- Organizes and coordinates with Resident Advisers (RA) to facilitate activities for students.
- Deals with inquiries from sales offices & other incoming calls & inquiries.
- Handle student visa queries and acceptance letters for international students
- Ensures transfers are collated and booked, liaises with airport transportation company to solve problems & improve service, monitors costs & invoices for transfer service.
- Helps students with insurance claims.
- Monitors school’s Student Service by ensuring advice given is accurate & efficient, staff are friendly & helpful, and information given is up to date, including immigration, health care, welfare, finances and so on.
- Manages registration of new students, ensuring correct intake information is prepared, smooth and efficient running of registration, testing & talks, passport ID checking, following up missing students and so on.
- Prepares written administration information for student intake folder.
- Compiles records of student course changes & any direct sales made in school.
- Monitors direct student payments received in school, ensuring paperwork in order & payments are banked promptly.
- Participates in emergency phone rota together with other core staff members
- Assists with arrangements for familiarization tours or other visits to school.
- Manages supplies to school by maintaining stock, ordering when required, processing invoices within budget and keeps stock areas tidy & organised.
- Delegates essential tasks to others in event of absence, ensuring that sufficient training in place for administration team to cover.
- Responsible for presentation, content & accuracy of general notice boards
- Ensures reception area is kept clean, tidy & professional looking at all times.
- Performs regular building ‘beauty checks’ along with other core staff to ensure best presentation of all school facilities.
- Assist with setting up administration service & providing trained staffing for additional summer centers if required.
Bachelor degree is required
EF Education First is an international education company focusing on language, academics, and cultural experience. With a mission to open the world through education, EF was founded in 1965.
We are 43,500 staff, faculty and teachers, working in 500 offices and schools across 53 countries. While we continue to grow, we strive to stay small so as to ensure agility, smart thinking and a fun place to work. For the past 50 years, EF has grown to include a range of programs that give students of all ages the freedom and confidence to explore the world through language, travel and education.
Located across the globe, our language centers for youth, adults and professionals combine the best of traditional, in-school teaching with innovative language-learning technology. We offer intensive language instruction abroad in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Chinese. Courses run from 2 to 52 weeks for students traveling independently or in escorted groups of all levels and abilities. Classes take place in our international language centers in one of 16 countries and offer the very best locations and accommodation whether in local host family or in a student residence.
We are travelers, innovators, doers and thinkers. We are open and collaborative, we are dedicated and passionate – we really work hard, and then we play hard. We believe in opening the world through education and we are proud of the role that we can play in that.
EF is an equal opportunities employer. EF offers competitive salaries and a multicultural working environment. If you are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
Back to top