- Austin, TX
About the Department
Cloudflare’s Engineering Team builds and runs the software that handles trillions of requests per month We also build and run the internal tools that builds and runs our software. The Engineering Team is split into two groups: one handles product development and the other handles operations. Product development covers both new features and functionality and scaling our existing software to meet the challenges of a massively growing customer base. The operations team handles one of the world’s largest networks with data centers in 150+ cities worldwide.
What you'll do
We are looking for a talented systems engineer to be part of our new Austin office. Come be part of the founding team in our new Austin digs and work with a group of passionate, talented engineers that will be creating innovative products. The amount of requests being processed is massive and we utilize all the latest technology to ensure its scalability and availability.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Experience working with large scale C/C++ projects
- Experience working on, and deploying, large scale systems in Go, Java, or other high performance languages
- Good Linux systems knowledge
- Experience (and love) for debugging to ensure the system works in all cases
- Strong systems level programming skills
- Excited by the idea of optimizing complex solutions to general problems that all websites face
- Experience with a continuous integration work flow and using source control (we use git)
- Experience with Lua, Rust or Go (or a strong desire to learn)
- Experience with a web server / reverse proxy system (NGINX, Apache, Varnish)
Back to top