About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6,000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
A postdoctoral research fellow position to study the role of microRNA in immunity and cancer is available immediately in the lab of Dr. Mark Boldin at the Department of Molecular & Cellular Biology, Beckman Research Institute of City of Hope (Background publications: PMID:21555486, PMID :20850013, PMID:25931583, and PMID:28784800).
The successful candidate will have a strong background in miRNA and/or T cell biology, and publications in internationally recognized journals. We are seeking a highly motivated individual, who has a demonstrated ability for critical thinking and problem-solving as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
Basic education, experience and skills required for consideration:
- A Ph.D. degree in life or biological sciences, or a related discipline is required.
- To complete your application, please submit your CV and the names of three referees.
- For more information on Dr. Mark Boldin's research, please click here .
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
City of Hope is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
- Posting Date: Dec 17, 2021
- Job Field: Research
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job