About City of Hope
City of Hope, an innovative biomedical research, treatment and educational institution with over 6000 employees, is dedicated to the prevention and cure of cancer and other life-threatening diseases and guided by a compassionate, patient-centered philosophy.
Founded in 1913 and headquartered in Duarte, California, City of Hope is a remarkable non-profit institution, where compassion and advanced care go hand-in-hand with excellence in clinical and scientific research. City of Hope is a National Cancer Institute designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and a founding member of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, an alliance of the nation's leading cancer centers that develops and institutes standards of care for cancer treatment.
A California registered technician who under the supervision of a Pharmacist, packages, prepares and compounds Intravenous medications and Chemotherapy/Biohazard medications. Maintains control procedures, performs inventory and stock control. Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word, and Excel.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Ensures efficient and productive operation of assigned work location.
- Performs technician functions accurately and thoroughly which includes but not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with USP 797 & 800 at all time
- Utilize proper aseptic technique for all pharmaceutical mixing
- Order, receive, and maintain accurate medication inventory
- Coordinate with Specialty Pharmacies or manufacturers for timely deliveries of 'white-bag' medications for infusion
- Perform routine daily, weekly and monthly cleaning as required.
- Procure and maintain supplies necessary for daily mixing operation
- Acts as a liaison with nursing and medical staff concerning basic pharmaceutical information to achieve positive patient outcomes. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
- Assists the pharmacist in billing pharmaceuticals.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of staff. Fosters the development of teamwork within the department while meeting the needs of departments being served.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess a situation, consider the alternatives and choose an appropriate course of action.
- Completes written documentation.
- High School or equivalent
- Post High School Vocational/Specialized Training
- Or graduation from a foreign School of Pharmacy
- One year performing related duties or graduation from a Pharmacy Technician training program
- Pharmacy Technician program
- Registered by Pharmacy Board
- Experience with Automated Dispensing Cabinets preferred.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel
- Per diem position, must be available 3 days a week.
- Monday - Friday, 8am to 5pm
- To protect the health of patients and staff and to comply with new State of California mandates, City of Hope staff are required to show proof of full vaccination by September 30, 2021. Compliance is a condition of employment.
- Posting Date: Dec 23, 2021
- Job Field: Support Services
- Employee Status: Regular
- Shift: Day Job