The Cisco Meraki team is seeking an experienced Product Manager to lead the initiative of bringing the Meraki Switching experience to Catalyst - from customer requirements to new product introduction to end-of-support planning and all strategy in between. This is a unique opportunity where we are proactively keeping the team size small so that the ideal candidate has the room to effectively play both roles of being intensely involved as an individual contributing Product Manager - owning projects and leading by example - while also growing a dedicated team. This role pairs with partners leading the software-focused Product Experience team as well as our MS platforms, and reports directly to the MS Director of Product.
How do you hold the ideals of simplifying powerful features at scale while marrying that experience to the world's most trusted brand of switching with its extensive capabilities? You will lead the charge to continue that evolution by teaming up with top engineers, designers, sellers, and marketers across the company. You'll be meeting with and speaking on behalf of some of the world's most prevalent brands as we transform the market by solving difficult problems. We want your help making this product stand out in the growing multi-billion dollar networking industry!
- Obsess over the customer experience; the product is nothing without happy customers that enjoy using the product every day.
- You have a bias towards action; data matters, but perfection is your worst enemy. Better to experiment quickly than wait.
- Balance about where to directly contribute to projects, leading by example, and when to empower and grow a dedicated team of Product Managers and Technical Marketing Engineers.
- You work with your business partners to understand our users, prioritize requirements, and become intimately familiar with the archetypal users of the product to advise your decisions and strategy.
- Using your market and customer knowledge to guide our team in defining and implementing a multi-year roadmap.
- Owning ultimate responsibility for everything related to this part of the business, and its success.
- An entrepreneurial, forward-thinking demeanor with a strong sense of product quality.
- The ability to use data to prove or disprove possible product directions.
- Customer empathy, but with the critical thinking needed to ask complicated questions.
- Demonstrated experience in modern connected-hardware technology; 3-5 years experience in Product Management or equivalent experience, with excellent business skills.
- Strong desire to lead a focused team by example.
- BA/BS in CS, EE is excellent. If you think you have the practical experience to do the job, let’s talk!
- We are a modern distributed team with US headquarters in San Francisco and Chicago. Remote is OK, and we strive to bring the team together once per quarter
- Full technology setup, so you can do your best work from home
- Option for company mobile device
- Excellent medical, dental, 401k, and employee stock purchase options along with generous PTO
- Lots more as summarized on https://meraki.cisco.com/careers
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.