The Chevron Business Support Center located in Buenos Aires (Puerto Madero), Argentina, is accepting online applications for the position of Contract Advisor. Successful candidates will join the Procurement Shared Services Center, which is part of a successful multifunction service center with a workforce of more than 500 employees that delivers business services and solutions across the globe since 2006.
This position supports development and implementation of IT and Professional Services Contracts, International Master Agreements, upstream agreements, service orders including drafting, negotiation and execution following Corporate contracting policies and procedures. The position will also support advancement of the procurement function through development, improvement and implementation of procurement practices.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Support contracting requests for various operating companies across Chevron.
- Develops annual Category Contracting Plan and annual cost improvement targets; identifies opportunities through jointly meetings with stakeholders and key suppliers.
- Ensure that services are correlated with business plans / Asset plans to optimize timing and level of support.
- Monitors Category Contracting Plan execution during contracts life cycle (includes managing existing agreements for improvements, modifications or renewal/ strategy accomplishment/.
- Monitors cost savings on regular basis.
- Ensure Stakeholders communication by regular contact meetings, visits and formal reports on a monthly basis.
- Review, analyze, redline, and prepare contracts, amendments, SOWs,.
- Negotiate contracts with new and existing suppliers. Work with company and vendor legal counsel on contract review and redline negotiations.
- Participates in Network within the BU and Global Category Team: Works jointly with GCT network identifying and applying best practices in OE and consistent policies.
- Identify and drive toward common policies and best practices to achieve simplicity, lower cost to serve, and support the implementation of technology improvements
- Experience in contracting.
- Experience in creating new contracts, renewing existing contracts and negotiating contracts with new and existing suppliers.
- Fluency on completing appropriate technical and commercial analysis to procure a variety of services at the best overall conditions.
- Ability to support multiple contracting requests for various operating companies across Chevron.
- Experienced and familiar in negotiating and preparing contracts/service orders.
- Understanding of business drivers and ability to develop work and execution plans to meet objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize all the tools and processes to evaluate multiple options for solutions.
- Application of critical thinking & guidance to complex contracts and ability to demonstrate practical application of contracting principles
- Collaboration with business stakeholders and category management to manage a portfolio of contracts and unplanned contract work.
- Knowledge of contracting principals, processes, standard contract forms, bidding and drafting.
- Management of the start to process of gathering and validating required information from business representative, suppliers and procurement peers required for contracts and service orders.
- In-depth knowledge application of contracting terminology and terms and conditions for various contracting requests.
- Demonstrated ability to build team consensus and ability to work effectively and collaboratively in multi-discipline and multi-cultural environment.
- Interface with Professionals, Project Managers, Business Representatives, Category Managers and other Stakeholders regarding contracting SOW's purchasing and overall contracting opportunities.
Relocation will not be considered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.