"Eight years ago, Castor landed its first paying customer. Fast forward to today, and we've raised a $45million Series B and are taking the life sciences space by storm. Our core values and focus on the team, product, and customer service have enabled us to grow across continents and segments." - Derk Arts, MD Ph.D., CEO @ Castor.
Who is Castor?
Castor is a leading cloud-based clinical data platform working with some of the world's largest pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, biopharmas, and renowned academic institutes.
We simplify the clinical trial process, from recruitment to analysis, with user-friendly, patient-centric technology. Our mission is to bring medical research into the digital age. Why? Because medical research is still largely run using free-text, paper, and legacy technology.
Our self-service platform enables our users to run remote (decentralized), device-enabled, patient-centric trials. By helping our users capture high-quality data and making it machine-readable, we are fundamentally changing the flawed evidence-based medicine process.
Your opportunity: 'land and expand' commercial sponsor and CRO accounts
At Castor, we have built a brand in the eClinical space that's universally loved and highly rated (with a +50 NPS). With our recent $45million Series B, we will invest in continuous product development, interoperability, and collecting real-world evidence from decentralized trials. You will share in our success by unlocking Castor's commercial potential, developing and leading new account growth in the mid-market and small enterprise segments.
How will you be set for success at Castor?
In the last 12 months, Castor realized 383% commercial growth, with more than 400 recurring paying customers. Joining our Sales team, we are creating the opportunity for you to share in our success. Our international sales team hit 97% of their target for the last three quarters running with realistic quotas and uncapped commissions! What's more, we invest in your training and enablement with a purpose-built sales development program. Designed by an in-house team of experts, this combination of training and mentor sessions means you are ramped up to independently prospect, conduct qualification and discovery sessions, and present product demos after 30 days.
What you'll do
As a Director of Business Development, you'll sell our products to commercial research companies across the US. Landing new business accounts with pharmaceutical and medical device sponsors, as well as CROs, you'll ensure that our world-best eClinical technology supports as many clinical trials as possible. You'll also:
- Own quota, hunt, prospect and build a strong pipeline of leads to 'land and expand' new accounts
- Delivering value-based proposals, and work with our Solutions Consultant team on product demos, to engage and close new business
- Provide a consultative sales approach to support customers from lead generation through to contract execution
What you'll bring
As a successful business development professional with experience in cultivating new business deals within the commercial medical research space, you'll help our customers make the best decisions for their research practices and contribute to Castor's international growth by bringing:
- eClinical sales experience (e.g. EDC, CTMS, RBM, eTMF, eConsent or ePRO)
- A proven ability to develop clear and tailored proposals for commercial accounts
- A consultative approach to selling software solutions or services, managing full sales cycles
- A proactive approach to targets and confident communication skills to develop and close deals
- The drive, self-awareness, and flexibility to work in and contribute to a high-energy startup
What you'll learn
It's a crucial time for Castor. We're on 'full power mode' and scaling up at an exponential rate. For you, the opportunities are endless:
- Disrupt healthtech with leading eClinical products which bring research into the 21st century
- To own your quota, building on your experience with mid-market accounts and into enterprise
- Collaborate with an entrepreneurial team, passionate to help customers achieve their goals
- Be involved in maximizing the impact of medical research and improving healthcare
What you'll get
For Castor, we believe anything can be achieved with a healthy and happy team. We want to offer you some awesome benefits and the flexibility to truly succeed in your role:
- A flexible and remote working opportunity (we also have some great NJ based offices)
- A competitive salary plus commission and a guaranteed 'happy holidays' bonus
- Investing in our talent with a strong Employee Stock Option Plan
- 30 days of PTO (including 8 national holidays and flexible sick days)
- 401K with competitive employer contributions
- A great health benefit and insurance package
- Interested in 'lifelong learning'? You'll love using our development and training budget!
- Flexible approach to working - nobody is tracking your time except you
- A MacBook or Dell laptop, we're a tech start-up after all ;)
- Like to feel zen? You'll love our company subscription to Calm for meditation and yoga
Are you still hungry to learn more? Take a look at our blog to hear from our current Directors of Business Developments. Want to know more about the job? Check out the role profile for some further insights or apply now.
Castor continues to grow as an Equal Opportunities Employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of colour, and people from the LGBTQ(+) community. In your application, please feel free to share the pronouns you use (for example, she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).