Broadridge is hiring! We currently have an opening for a Sr. Software Engineer. You'll be joining a core team with expertise in application development, DevOps, cloud engineering, and more. This position will ensure the successful execution of our business mission through development and deployment of new and cutting edge features. The development of this product is critical to our communications platform within Broadridge. We are guided by the belief that people are our greatest asset and are committed to attracting the best talent. If you're passionate about technology and are looking to be a part of a growing and dynamic Fin Tech team, we encourage you to read below!
In this position, you will assume a role in the software development team, writing clean, secure code and providing architectural recommendations on the design of application. You will join a team of hardworking developers and collaborate with other specialists across IT, Data, and Product Management, as well as external leaders in a variety of technology areas including Cloud. We need a proficient developer who is enthusiastic about developing high quality software and collaborating with other like-minded team members that rely on your experience and technical background to deliver solutions quickly and effectively in the Java, AWS, and Angular world.
- You'll participate in enhancement of the code framework and standards to improve efficiency, performance and reliability of products/features.
- Design and deliver robust, scalable and secure products that reap the benefits of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability of a cloud infrastructure
- Implement engineering methodology, review engineering design packages and code, working towards minimizing technical exposure and risks on projects.
- Evangelize excellence in application engineering, component re-use, architecture design and technical standards
- You will maintain a keen awareness and curiosity of new / emerging technologies and their potential application to service offerings.
- Promote modern principles for product/feature development (DevOps, CD/CI, Agile/Scrum, test driven development, object-oriented design, coding standards, etc.)
- Support our application from a server-side and Cloud perspective
- You will assess and implement new software development tools and processes to enhance product/feature development efficiency including continuous integration principles
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or equivalent subject area
- 8-10+ years of application programming and/or hands-on technical application architecture experience using Java and SQL.
- Solid experience using cloud architecture(s) for the enablement of elasticity, horizontal scalability, automation and high availability.
- Experience with S3 and writing Lambda functions preferred
- Experience with SPA frameworks such as Angular preferred.
- Database design including tuning query performance. PostgreSQL experience a plus
- Solid understanding of API integration, including authentication concepts, HTTP requests/responses, API tools such as Postman or Fiddler, etc.
- Agile development processes (Scrum, Kanban)
- Source control experience with Git and branching strategies preferred
- Experience with configuration management platforms a plus (e.g. Chef, Terraform, Salt, or Ansible)
- Extra curricula software development passion (e.g. active open source contributor)
- Experience in SDLC best-practices
- Passion for writing phenomenal, simple, clean, efficient code
- Experience as a lead-level technologist and mentor
- Ability to provide in-depth analysis of where gaps in governance and integration capabilities may lie
- Excellent social and communication (oral and written) skills at all levels of an organization.